Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: chit chat  (Read 230 times)

Offline Roco

• STAFF - Global Moderator
  • Super-Hero Member
chit chat
« on: 06 May 2018, 22:23:21 »
Just on my way to a local (my village May Carnival) the  road is closed for the day , my old Citroen will be taking part, Chobham was a farming village in the18c  ,famous for providing fatty King Henry the  8th  for deer & chestnuts and love nests  , now England’s largest  conversation area , my connection ? living within the area as a very poor peasant, Henry loved French Breton onions , I will be driving my old French car as a itinerant onion seller , will post some pics soon ,
BTW us old Citroen guys are always up for fun as long as the sun is shining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGCPDTYNEo

Offline thar

Re: chit chat
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2018, 19:41:42 »
Look forward to the pics Roco! Love the pimp my ride versions in the YouTube video!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2018, 03:19:10 »
Look forward to the pics Roco! Love the pimp my ride versions in the YouTube video!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
PIMP  :o a new word since the 2CV's birth  , ::) mine runs naked apart from I small discrete sticker
(my trade price parts sponcer ) via uk  agents, did  a 5 year total count of my service parts  it came to a stasggering 120 Euros , fitted by me with love and tender care , inded true not only is it now road tax free, from this month it dosn't need MOT testing either  ,it's  now registerdi as a historic vehicle
good news ? not so sure I am older than my car !, maybe i should also be tax free  lol:1

Offline fudgietheoriginal

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2018, 12:51:59 »
Crickey Roco, onions out of Citroen....Interesting concept mate :)
May I suggest some music.....Fatboy slim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZUshzhMtc&index=3&list=PL_9xfaOidlvtdHs2fb5vNLeQr9qzozK38 Not everyones cup of tea...But I think he's  8-)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2018, 20:38:14 »
@  Fudgie’s music ?  , “Long haired  frecky people need not apply” ,that for me applies on both counts , most Citroen 2CV owners  certainly fit the frecky title , just friendly folk that don’t feel the need to impress other folk with the latest tin , end of the day the cars do 70mph and 50 miles per gallon , with a full length sun roof , unfortunately not rolled back that often in the UK, but on a sunny day I drive with  the thoughts I am cruising sea front Cote d Azure winking at the beautiful females in my Azure blue Citroen 2Cv  ;)
Hey, we all got to have a dream ? ,

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2018, 00:14:12 »
Iife is full of difficult descions  =F.A cup final or the Royal wedding  = https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44144014 ,
I personally  have no decision to  to make , not interested in either , not a football fan & didn’t get invite to the local wedding just 8 miles away , now going to sulk and visit friends in the opposite direction , to  a village scouts jumble sale and beer after in the village pub ,  but which performance  will be on the obligatory big screen TV ?
guess It all comes down to has control of the TV remote  :D  Might offend with those of delicant disposition ,and not these daysP.C.correct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CS1cUIxBVg

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2018, 08:42:45 »
No decision for me either, having no interest in royals or football, the wife will be watching the wedding though.

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2018, 00:38:40 »
very busy day , lots of para- military stuff going on etc .
hope the big day goes without a hitch,
found this amusing , except the car was German ,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-devon-44170811/royal-wedding-2018-dogs-play-harry-and-meghan

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2018, 14:11:43 »
Hello Roco.
Been busy latlely...but still around. ;)

What are you trying to say about the car? :) ;) :D ;D 8-) lol:1

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2018, 20:14:31 »
Hello Roco.
Been busy latlely...but still around. ;)

What are you trying to say about the car? :) ;) :D ;D 8-) lol:1
the car was Jerman , will never forget my london  Gran saying they bombed our local chippie  >:D ,
the radio controlled car should have been a R.Royce ..................... but thinking on Rolls Royce is now a German Company  >:(

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2018, 20:21:51 »
@ Roco.
Wow that was a long time ago mate.
My Gradfather severed in ww2 and was captured by the Italians and made a POW.
He didn't like the Italians for the rest of his life because of how he was treated.
But the funny thing is his grandaugher is half Italian.