Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: S/h desktop parts  (Read 619 times)

Offline Roco

• STAFF - Global Moderator
  • Super-Hero Member
S/h desktop parts
« on: 27 February 2018, 19:58:08 »
Free to a good home  , I am breaking 3 desk top p.cís , ex gaming boxís from around 2012 >,    all are sata , ddr3, ect , and working , were running xp pro , 7. vista etc., if anyone wants  will post parts  for postage costs , other wise  they are off to the tip, btw no hard drives , they have been securely wiped with a club hammer  ;)

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: S/h desktop parts
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2018, 20:41:46 »
What are the processors and memory size ?

Offline 1bit

• STAFF - Technical Expert
  • Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2018, 21:33:46 »
if you have any 4Gb or 8GB 1333/1600Mhz DDR3 Memory sticks I will have em :)
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10
BT HomeHub 5B (Broadcom 63168) <---> ECI Dslam (Lantiq M41a)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2018, 21:37:38 »
hi Den , just been running 1 pre breaking it,  mem is 4Gb x 2 patriot viper pc3 12800h
CPU =,  amd bulldozer fx 4100 quad core
vid card = , gtx 660TI-2gds5

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2018, 09:02:38 »
hi Den , just been running 1 pre breaking it,  mem is 4Gb x 2 patriot viper pc3 12800h
CPU =,  amd bulldozer fx 4100 quad core
vid card = , gtx 660TI-2gds5
Has the motherboard on board graphics ?  looking to use a 2U case

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2018, 16:12:46 »
if Den doesnt want these as he asked first, I would like the the RAM & GPU (as it would bring mine up to 16GB 1600Mhz from 12GB 1600Mhz) and the GPU as mine is 1GB 650 GTX - the 2GB  660 GTX Ti is far more power full ..e.g.
336 cuda cores on mine 1,344 cuda cores on 660Ti
128-Bit memory interface on mine, 192-bit interface on 660Ti
1Gb Video Memory on mine, 2GB Video memory on 660Ti
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-660-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-650/2183vs3154

I will pay you for the postage and something extra for the parts
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2018, 18:08:42 »
heck , the scrap desktops that were heading to the reclamation centre,  (Tip ), seems  to be useful after all , OK , I am going to give away on a first come basis  , Den was first, Stefan 2nd 1Bit 3rd ,
will talk to you guys in P.M. but have given Stephan first choice on the GPU as I missed his  P.M,
just found one of the breakers is a Dell DDR 2  with  3 x 512Mb memory sticks apparently it was running Vista  :o

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2018, 18:22:13 »
3rd..?   :o  :D

I asked 50 minutes after Den about the memory if you check, then today about the GPU after you posted last night the vid card specs - dunno when or what time Stevan PM'd you

oh well best of luck guys :)
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2018, 18:40:35 »

I asked 50 minutes after Den about the memory if you check, then today about the GPU after you posted last night the vid card specs - dunno when or what time Stevan PM'd you

indeed that was so, Stefan pm'd 30 mins later  about the vid card,  stefan was 1st to ask about the vid card , same as Den about the memory ,
obviously my mistake to try and give away parts, won't be doing that again with the next batch of desktops , they will get redirected straight to the tip,  >:(

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2018, 19:13:12 »

indeed that was so, Stefan pm'd 30 mins later  about the vid card,  stefan was 1st to ask about the vid card , same as Den about the memory ,
obviously my mistake to try and give away parts, won't be doing that again with the next batch of desktops , they will get redirected straight to the tip,  >:(

lol....  dont worry about it I was just making sure I was fairly placed in line HA HA -  wasnt sure if you read my first post and took my 2nd post as my 1st response is all :)

Im happy enough with my now 5 year old system, been upgraded bit by bit over the years..memory upgraded from 8Gb to 12Gb thanks to Den giving me 2 x 2GB Sticks, SSD been upgraded 3 times (from 1 poor SSD to a pair of 120GB 840 EVO's in RAID '0' (which I gave to Tom) then upgraded to the 250GB 850 EVO (in RAPID mode) and still working good, 4 hard-drives installed (250Gb SSD / 2TB HDD / 2 x 500GB HDD) - GTX 650 1GB @ 1100Mhz - Intel 4965 AGN WiFi (3x3) 5Ghz

just that GPU would help the DimitriRender program I use to watch my movies on that interpolates it, I have to downgrade output from 60Hz to 50Hz (50fps) as you need a powerful GPU for it too work good and on 60Hz it stutters (not powerful enough) on my 336 core GTX 650 - but im happy enough atm... it works fine at 50HZ, text seems better at 60HZ which is odd as it shouldn't affect resolution (but can affect perceived resolution I suppose)
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10

Offline fudgietheoriginal

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #10 on: 05 March 2018, 17:17:39 »
I'm about to clean my loft out, I'm sure I could build at least one decent desktop pc or maybe two.
It's been 2-3 years since I have gone up there now. You have inpsired me Roco  ;) :D ;D

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 06 March 2018, 01:04:08 »
I'm about to clean my loft out, I'm sure I could build at least one decent desktop pc or maybe two.
It's been 2-3 years since I have gone up there now. You have inpsired me Roco  ;) :D ;D
your loft ? ,  My lounge has 4 partly dismantled computers spread all over the floor, what should have taken  a free day to sort out if I had been at home ,  unfortunatly a friend died during a "routine " heart op, leaving a naturally distraught widow , and 2 sons working abroad  (USA/Aus )  , both now on their way back,
just saying to Stefan & Den there will be a delay on sending the parts ,  but for 1bit  I have now another(2x4Gb ) of memory available , will sort it all out this week,

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #12 on: 06 March 2018, 23:01:08 »
Yes it's been one of those years mate, seems we have all lost love ones either before christmas or just after and it's not yet spring :(  How old was your friend?

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 07 March 2018, 10:56:28 »
Yes it's been one of those years mate, seems we have all lost love ones either before christmas or just after and it's not yet spring :(  How old was your friend?
Age ? no idea , he was my guardian angel   :angel: when I was a teenager , put me on the right path, later even got my passport sorted later in life, ( being I was technically a immigrant ) and still am , not going to change that now , waiting for Brexit, in my dreams I might get compensated and sent home  :D Why not? lest they have great broad band and no snow =
1Gb home broadband goes live in Jersey  :o
Jersey Telecom believes it is offering the fastest residential broadband speeds outside of South Korea, reports the BBC.

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #14 on: 07 March 2018, 14:52:14 »
 Roco I understand believe it or not.

A good friend of mine passed away a few years back now...His name was Karl.
Karl was from south africa and imgrated out to OZ with family.
He was already retired (engineer, best I ever new) when I met him.
But he keept me from going down the wrong road in life, more times than I care to admit.
We new one another for over 20 years, even after I imergrated to England I would call him if I needed some wisdom/good advice. So I missed him when he passed away but I got to write his eulogy because I couldn't be at his funural and his family said I new him better than anyone. I felt honored not so sad after that.  :)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2018, 21:08:41 »
fudgie mate , (  in the USA it is  misunderstood, I have to use BRO with American friends , ) f,.f,.sake  I stroke animals and say how you doing mate, and never been bitten , but then never met a gator or a grisly bear, come to think of it a shark either,maybe I should get out more ? , the most dangerous creature ? has got to  be  man ,death toll in London alone is now running at one a day  with knife crime , maybe Trump is right we should all carry guns ? ,  or a Russian special spray canister ?  ;)

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2018, 21:52:13 »
fudgie mate , (  in the USA it is  misunderstood, I have to use BRO with American friends , ) f,.f,.sake  I stroke animals and say how you doing mate, and never been bitten , but then never met a gator or a grisly bear, come to think of it a shark either,maybe I should get out more ? , the most dangerous creature ? has got to  be  man ,death toll in London alone is now running at one a day  with knife crime , maybe Trump is right we should all carry guns ? ,  or a Russian special spray canister ?  ;)

Roco,  lol:1.
That made me laugh.
There are certain words they use in OZ, that mean something very different here.
Example; Spunk in OZ means; when a shella/bloke fancy's the oppersite sex they will say "what a Spunk"!
It's compliment But in the UK it means something else.
Australian dictionary http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 10 March 2018, 22:11:22 »
@ fudgie , indeed love languages, accents and sayings , it what separates mankind ( to be p.c correct and womenkind ) humans  the only animal to achieve that, dogs barking is universal ,so is the hiss of a snake etc ,
can you say women"kind",  they seem a rare beast to me ,  even rarer than hens teeth  ;)

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #18 on: 11 March 2018, 00:24:49 »
@ Roco. lol:1
I can say women"dangerous"  :angel: ;) :)