Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Foxy Tod  (Read 130 times)

Offline fudgietheoriginal

• Full-Time Member
Foxy Tod
« on: 25 February 2018, 21:13:21 »
We had a vist from a fox last night?

On my way home my partner text me, "Be careful when you pull the car into the drive there is a fox, in our driveway"! I haven't ever seen a fox in our driveway in the 10+years I have lived in this village.

Sure enough the vixens come into the village from time to time but they are very quiet and slink though. That doesn't bother me, because they  keep out of the way and only only take the odd stray cat or two.
But this fox possibly a young tod? Was walking around openly and lettting people get to close like it was part tame or not frightened of people. I think is dangerous either way because it didn't look like it could fend for it's self and some people can be crawl to wild animals. ;)

I wanted to call someone but I don't know who would be able to help that late on a saturday night, I live in a rurial warwickshire? My dogs went mad most the night...1 JRT and a staffy/JRT
The fox hasn't returned to night so far, hopefuly all is well with the fox :)

In OZ you don't see them come in that close to people and for good reason...they are shot or killed.
What do guys do here? From what I could see the locals here just left food on the road...Not sure if that's a good idea? :-\

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: Foxy Tod
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2018, 21:57:51 »
They are frequent visitors where i am, around the gardens and in the allotment, i can watch them playing from the bedroom window when all is quite  :D
Personally i don't have a problem with them, i was raised in the country
An interesting story a few years ago i was sitting outside my shed over on the allotment just minding my own business when i became aware of some thing sitting beside me turned around and there was a fox just laying there just like a dog would, stayed for a good ten minutes i said to it well i have to get on and it got up and left.
If it ain't broke don't fixit, sadly too many people ignore that advice, myself included

Offline fudgietheoriginal

• Full-Time Member
Re: Foxy Tod
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2018, 06:55:11 »
Intesting story.
Are you sure it was just a fox?
Or was it just a good Omen?  ;):)

In my Family it's the black bird that brings us good omens..so I'm told.