Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Petrol quality  (Read 872 times)

Offline fudgietheoriginal

• Full-Time Member
Re: Petrol quality
« Reply #20 on: 01 March 2018, 21:20:26 »
In 1974, I had just passed my test and petrol was 49p a gallon, I once pulled into a filling station in Cramlington in the middle of the night having been to a rock concert in Newcastle city hall to see Judas Priest supported by Budgie...fwoaaww what a night...sorry got sidelined, anyway, I pulled in a filling station as I was short of fuel to get home and the station was closed but they had this remarkable new fangled automatic fuel dipenser which used 1 notes, for which you got 2 gallon. I popped my note in and started fuelling, when it got to 2 gallon it kept going and going till my tank was full..BRILL I headed for home then phoned all my mates who headed off as fast as they could and they all got full tanks for 2, they phoned their mates and on and on it went till the station ran out of fuel.   About a week later the police turned up at my house and said I had 24 hrs to go up to the filling station and pay for the fuel I took or I was going to be arrested, my reg had been noted by forecourt CCTV camera, That week the local press reported that 155 people had been visited by the police, so we all went up and payed for the fuel we had taken as the garage knew what each cars tank held   BOO HOO

Nearly got away with it.
If that happened in OZ, the petrol station would not have been compensated so easily.
Example,
I purchased 200 smokes at a well known supermarket in OZ because I was charged a different price to the advertised price, they were forced by law to refund my money and I keep the smokes...true story.

Offline thar

« Reply #21 on: 04 March 2018, 17:14:53 »
white harder to keep clean but looks good
Black is just as hard to keep clean, believe me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #22 on: 05 March 2018, 11:25:52 »
@ 1bit and Thar,
Maybe light silver hides minor scartches better.
I find if you use a supermarket carpark, sooner or later your car will get some minor damage.
Me I don't have to worry about that any more, I just have an old Honda Accord 99-2000.

Offline thar

« Reply #23 on: 05 March 2018, 20:28:37 »
@ 1bit and Thar,
Maybe light silver hides minor scartches better.
I find if you use a supermarket carpark, sooner or later your car will get some minor damage.
Me I don't have to worry about that any more, I just have an old Honda Accord 99-2000.
Funnily enough, my previous two cars were silver.

I'm an unsociable parker. I will park at the other end of the supermarket car park to avoid other cars lol.

Offline Roco

• STAFF - Global Moderator
  • Super-Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: 06 March 2018, 01:22:24 »
Hope that works for you Thar , my only new car back in 1997 I did the same,
parked it the  a remote corner of a supermarket car park during a storm , walked the 100 yards to the store entrance though the rain & abandoned shopping trolleys ,
came out later  to find 1 loaded with empty cardboard boxes had sail the 100 yards and came to rest wedged into my car door , was not a happy bunny , ( new door ) on a car 2 weeks old ,  :o

Offline thar

« Reply #25 on: 06 March 2018, 21:49:58 »
Hope that works for you Thar , my only new car back in 1997 I did the same,
parked it the  a remote corner of a supermarket car park during a storm , walked the 100 yards to the store entrance though the rain & abandoned shopping trolleys ,
came out later  to find 1 loaded with empty cardboard boxes had sail the 100 yards and came to rest wedged into my car door , was not a happy bunny , ( new door ) on a car 2 weeks old ,  :o
Nooo! I'd have a fit! My car is my baby lol.

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #26 on: 06 March 2018, 22:43:05 »
You could try Ocado...online shopping is safer ;)
 :o what let somebody else select my food , I am saving that  delight for the old folks home ,  ;)