Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: sort of upgrade  (Read 688 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
sort of upgrade
« on: 16 September 2016, 02:44:46 »
Advertisement
Roco is upgrading some of his  stuff , donít laugh decided to treat my 42 year old
Deux Chevaux , ( 2 CV ) as itís now road tax free, to a radio  all I could get was a Alba radio/cd player , £34 at Argos , it works well enough for the money
But it has a CD player , now looking for an app  to convert mp4 to mp3
,as I only have roxy music Avalon on a CD , it suits the car/period and my road running mood ,  but after a week of pure nostagia! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpA_5a0miWk  figure I need  to move on ,
Now into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY
IndeedĒ blurry faceĒ I can associate with  out of a world population of 7.4 billion ,

Offline Stevan

Re: sort of upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2016, 17:45:03 »
Hi Mr Roco,

If you are using a PC then you could do a lot worse than this:
http://www.freemake.com/

:)
...who said that?

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2016, 21:52:06 »
Hi Stevan , good to see you are still around , you can drop the Mr Roco , these days it's OAP Roco  ;D , never thought ripping music was right , but poverty is taking over ,
only youtubing  70's stuff  ( best of etc ) figure if the band is still around they can
do another final tour , grandson has given up onthe muzic biz , but has been given a card from an agency to be a stand up comic , as they say he is a natural comedian,
in the modern style ( sarcastic ? ) , well it's got to be better than Charlie Drake,
"hello my Darlin "  but got to admit  that's used by the female server in my local fish and chip shop , she follows it up with  " what can I do you for today "
my usual reply, well I am a bit skint today so I will only charge you a tenner ,
she replies "so you want the usual pensioner's   £1  off deal, special Cod and chips,
she passes the order through  but doesn't write OAP special , heck I think I have fallen in love yet again , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GAjbAIqhq8
 Stevan  what  you up to these days ,
Best regards  Roco

Offline Stevan

« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2016, 22:03:11 »
Hi Roco,

I listen to a bit of 70's too. Ripping old music is not a problem for me. I wonder how much you tube pay for music?

What am I up to these days?
Creating new music, fixing computers, building a few websites and other mundane stuff...

Fish and chips, lovely.
Wish there was a pie and mash shop over here.  :(

Anyway, Roco, stay cool and have fun  ;)
...who said that?

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2016, 23:52:09 »
hi Stevan
that ain't mundane ( Creating new music, fixing computers, building a few websites and other mundane stuff...)  heck I wish I had those skills ,
 in a odd  way I am still having fun ,  2 things have kept me near sane is music and my 42 year old Deux chavaux  the reg. starts with KAR , no i didn't pay for the reg
it was assigned on it's import , think somebody at DVLA had a sense of humour back then ?,
pie and mash shops seem sadly long gone down south , now that's  a idea for starting a franchise  , S-mashing pie ltd ????    lol:1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_and_mash

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2016, 23:34:39 »
Roco is being forced to upgrade further , saved £180 a year  with my broad band deal
also now have a mobile phone  at no cost and with 100 mins a month usage free , with no extra cost on my BT BB and land line , ( after I threatened to leave  BT )
got  to admit I still donít trust BT  sales , but figure maybe better the devil you know ? ,  now working on Brit gas, seems like I could save  £400 a year  by switching to Sainsbury on their dual fuel deal  ,
so hopefully looking to a pay rise of   around £ 11 per week ,  which using my bartering system  with my local old style Pub /restaurant (  I do their electrical maintenance   when needed, not often enough unfortunately)  free discounted roast dinners for 7 days a week ,  well their roast easy beats Icelandís frozen dinner for 1 lol , just saying guys I can seeing hard times this winter  , your company wonít be paying out mega bucks pay rises ,so take a look at cutting the outgoings ,

Offline thar

« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2016, 19:59:37 »
I've just switched my gas and electric from British Gas to British Gas, again, via Martin Lewis's Cheap Energy Club. He negotiates "collective" deals every so often. My annual bill will go up by £40 but I get £30 cashback for the switch, so only £10 increase for the year and I'm locked in until next October so don't have to worry about switching for another year.

I switched our mobile contracts in August from EE paying £19 for two contracts to £5.95 each with Life mobile who use the EE network. Downgraded from 4G to 3G, no big deal, but I get a higher data allowance.

Oh, but my pay "rise" is £48 for the year, as I wouldn't agree to a new contract working later in the evening and weekend, so technically a decrease. Not sure what to spend my £4 a month on, any ideas welcome :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2016, 21:27:37 »
got to admit  since my aborted move from BT to Voda , the consequence are still rumbling on , I have put my Brit gas dual fuel to Sainsbury on hold ,
still getting emails from voda & bt ,  spent most of this morning on the phone to both , ( we are extremely busy,  have some music for the next 1/2 hour )  just to get confirmation the ISP swap isn't going to happen ,  then took the voda router back to their local shop, another 1/2hr wait in a queue ,
moving on what's this contract change ? Thar ,  that's a weekly pay rise of 92p that's around 2 p an hour !!!!! ,  but sadly I think that's the way the uk is heading , hence my scramble  to cut outgoings , might even ditch email and use carrier pigeons  :'( just a thought Thar  after  32 hours working you could post  a letter first class ,  >:(