Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: avast free  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
avast free
« on: 24 May 2015, 19:54:09 »
Advertisement
anyone using it  ?  being the cheap skate I am and not visiting dubious sites  ,
I have been unsuccessfuly  trying to download  drivers  and updates ( Adobe flash player etc, now find they download  OK   if I disable Avast ,  indeed no big deal  but I would have appreciated an Avast warning ,  it would have saved me bald patches having torn out clumps of hair in frustration  , anyone else  ?  or is it me being dim again !,

snadge

Re: avast free
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2015, 20:05:26 »
Avast has an Auto-Updater built in which can tell you when programs are out of date and some of them it can automatically download and install for you, but some you have to DIY.

I  use Avira free as it has much better detection rate

steve195527

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2015, 21:11:27 »
Avast has an Auto-Updater built in which can tell you when programs are out of date and some of them it can automatically download and install for you, but some you have to DIY.

I  use Avira free as it has much better detection rate
avira also runs lighter on most systems,avast can be a touch heavy at times

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2015, 21:23:01 »
Avira for me

Offline gannite6364

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2015, 12:26:05 »
avast for me never had any problems.

Offline Stevan

« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2015, 12:57:19 »
Avira free works well for me.
...who said that?

steve195527

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2015, 19:08:31 »
for less than 40p/week I choose to pay for Norton Security!

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2015, 21:40:06 »
Thanks guys ,  just made a full shadow copy of my Drive , and will give Avira a try ,
but will miss Avasts  pirate talk  :D , anyway this comp is getting well beyond it's sell buy date ,  just lost the cooling fan on my vid card and fitted a case fan  to blow across the heat sink , temp now 59C ,  it's time to make it my emergency back up box ,
and move on , indeed usb 2 and ddr 2 is old hat ,  :D and so is XP pro,  Roco has got to  move with the times , but will grumble all the way ,  " How Much etc "   lol:1

steve195527

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2015, 19:13:05 »
Thanks guys ,  just made a full shadow copy of my Drive , and will give Avira a try ,
but will miss Avasts  pirate talk  :D , anyway this comp is getting well beyond it's sell buy date ,  just lost the cooling fan on my vid card and fitted a case fan  to blow across the heat sink , temp now 59C ,  it's time to make it my emergency back up box ,
and move on , indeed usb 2 and ddr 2 is old hat ,  :D and so is XP pro,  Roco has got to  move with the times , but will grumble all the way ,  " How Much etc "   lol:1
the problem with PCs are the fact we are brainwashed into thinking that anything that isn't the latest is old hat/slow/not worth having,in reality a PC running win 95 would be powerful enough for what most folk use them for(I exclude gamers in that)if the OS was still being supported