Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EE tops consumer landline and broadband complaints  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Jay9

• Full-Time Member
EE tops consumer landline and broadband complaints
« on: 13 May 2015, 06:05:29 »
Advertisement

Complaints against the UK's largest mobile operator related to topics ranging from line faults, service and provision issues to bill problems.

Virgin Media had the lowest number of complaints, followed by Sky.

PlusNet, TalkTalk, BT and Post Office HomePhone generated an above average number of complaints, according to Ofcom.

The report, which covers April to December 2014, shows the volumes of consumer complaints about the UK's biggest providers of telecoms and pay-TV services.

EE generated 0.42 broadband complaints for every 1,000 customers, the report found.

Issues cited included faults, service and provision problems as well as how it handled complaints and swapping providers.

EE was also named as the most complained-about provider of pay-monthly mobile services for the first three quarters, although in the last quarter of 2014 it was overtaken by Vodafone.

Tesco was the least complained-about mobile firm.

EE is the UK's biggest mobile phone operator and is due to be acquired by BT as soon as the 12.5bn deal receives regulatory approval.

In response to the survey, the EE said: "We have a comprehensive programme in place to improve service and reduce complaints - and this is borne out by the Ofcom data from last year.

"We know there is more work to do. Through our ongoing, significant investment we want to continue improving, allowing us to deliver the best customer service in the industry."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32704573

Offline thar

Re: EE tops consumer landline and broadband complaints
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2015, 19:56:05 »
No surprise there then. Wonder how well they did in the mobile phone polls.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2015, 23:05:03 »
I am with EE and no complaints here !

steve195527

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2015, 18:36:33 »
aren't they the company BT have bought or got into bed with in some way?so BT who seem to get a fair amount of criticism from their customers are combining with a company that seems to get even more!

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2015, 07:01:14 »
aren't they the company BT have bought or got into bed with in some way?so BT who seem to get a fair amount of criticism from their customers are combining with a company that seems to get even more!
Good point and things could change.

I was referring to the level of service that I have experienced so far i.e. before the BT takeover !

steve195527

« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2015, 07:52:42 »
Good point and things could change.

I was referring to the level of service that I have experienced so far i.e. before the BT takeover !
the problem with any survey about any service is that the folks with any kind of axe to grind are the ones most likely to complete them so they always give a slanted view,same with those stickers on back of trucks asking about the driving standard,nobody ever contacts the companies to say"your driver is really good"! only ever to complain

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2015, 10:17:52 »
Hate EE with a passion, customer service is shocking and they couldn't run a p i s s up in a brewery

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2015, 19:19:21 »
Hate EE with a passion, customer service is shocking and they couldn't run a p i s s up in a brewery
I feel that way about Vodafone not to mention their lousy network coverage although this may have improved now ?

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2015, 10:06:56 »
It's strange isn't it because I really like vodafones coverage but there pay as you go deals are rubbish.

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2015, 16:18:15 »
No surprise there then. Wonder how well they did in the mobile phone polls.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I can't wait for Sky when they start up their mobile service next year. Then I'll switch.
Originally known as Quasimoto