Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Firefox !!!!!  (Read 747 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Firefox !!!!!
« on: 24 April 2015, 22:02:33 »
Advertisement
Just wasted an hour or so ,  by my own stupidity while removing my Nvidia  graphic card driver I removed my M/B  nvidia  Chipset driver , next boot I got the warning  cant find  simbus  driver ,  ok no prob ,  just need to download it from gigabyte ,
I found it easy enough , and  downloaded the driver using Firefox , only option was save ,
So I saved , it was in a unknown  format ,  no way could I get it to open  ,
Gave up  , later when I had time  I tried  downloading the driver using   I.E  it worked ok ,  so problem solved ,
Tried again using the latest Firefox  and got  the same  unknown file  ,cant open etc ,
Figure I must be missing something apart from a few brain cells ,
BTW , grabbed all the Gigabyte  drivers for  xp and  7  and burnt to disk ,  coz might just move to 7 to collect my free win 10 , yeah pigs might fly

snadge

Re: Firefox !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2015, 23:25:50 »
do u have link to the file? - it should be an .exe file..strange that it says that

i take it you mean SM Bus

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Re: Firefox !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2015, 23:46:37 »
do u have link to the file? - it should be an .exe file..strange that it says that

i take it you mean SM Bus
indeed it was Sm Bus ,  link > http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?kw=ga-m720-us3&ck=2

yeah it's an old board ,  but after a few  MSI board failures I now stick with  Gigabyte
and AMD -Nvidia,  I just need a desktop to chug along forever so a new build box has been put on hold indefinitely , indeed not the geek I used to be ,
but still curious  on the firefox  ( latest ver)  and unknown file format download ,
but more importantly  good to see you  around on the forum ,  would love to hear a update on how are you doing , even if in P.M.