Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yesterday I fore filled a dream at Tescoís  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Yesterday I fore filled a dream at Tescoís
« on: 20 April 2015, 18:09:43 »
Advertisement
I got to drive a Citroen DS ,  itís Citroenís centenary year , ,the DS is owned by Citroen and doing the rounds of car  shows  this year ,  incredible mass produced  car for 1955 ,

I drove it like a Granny (slowly & carefully ) would hate to go into Citroen's history  as the Pr*t  that wrecked it , the amazing part was I drove it over a speed hump with no vehicle body movement at all ,

[attachment deleted by admin]

steve195527

Re: Yesterday I fore filled a dream at Tescoís
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2015, 20:34:15 »
when I was at school,long time back I know,my best friends dad always had those,took me and another friend away with the family to Anglesey for a hol while all three of us were waiting for our o level results in one of those,was smooth ride compared to my dads cortina or he may have had the morris 1800 by then,was 1970,

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2015, 21:00:47 »
How funny only yesterday my son who is 11 was walking with me through Asda car park and he said look there is a Citroen ds I said what the hell is a Citroen ds and he pointed at it

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2015, 23:54:20 »
How funny only yesterday my son who is 11 was walking with me through Asda car park and he said look there is a Citroen ds I said what the hell is a Citroen ds and he pointed at it
Argh but was it the same D.S ? it seems to be doing  the rounds of superstore car parks ? it's Citroen's centenary year  ,  indeed they built the Titanic's  steering gear  , and not mentioned in their celebration adverts  ,  ;)
today I drove my road tax free  2CV  it has only done 1,800  miles last year , with the roll back roof open on a lazy sunny day B road it was  joy ,  got passed no surprise by a
old Bristol car , the driver waved me down , we stopped and chatted , I offered to swap cars ,  8-)
he polity declined  but we shock hands ,   will old apple phone users do the same in the future  I wondered  while sipping a cappuccino  in a road side cafe ?
will any M.S o/s beat XP pro , or us old guys just be coffin dodgers ,   lol:1

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2015, 07:53:05 »
This ds was black

steve195527

« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2015, 10:49:18 »
I got to drive a Citroen DS ,  itís Citroenís centenary year , ,the DS is owned by Citroen and doing the rounds of car  shows  this year ,  incredible mass produced  car for 1955 ,

I drove it like a Granny (slowly & carefully ) would hate to go into Citroen's history  as the Pr*t  that wrecked it , the amazing part was I drove it over a speed hump with no vehicle body movement at all ,
Roco:-if that's your dream would a SM be a w*t one?? lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 29 April 2015, 23:17:29 »

Not for me Steve , I have seen under the bonnet , buying Maserati  was the 2nd big mistake  after buying Panhard , panhard for it's building in aloy  tech , Meserati for it's engine tech ,  indeed Citroen dreamed of entering the prestige market , and lost it's direction , and went broke twice , first bought by Michelin  2nd time by Peugeot ,
they should have stuck to farmers market powered wagons ( 2CV   lol:1 )
BTW my 2cv  today passed its 37 MOT with no advisories ,  it's fast heading  for best of remaining , think  I best retire it to my garage next winter ,
defiantly the only car  I have owned that could return a profit when I am done with it ,
was going to treat it to a new set of skinny Michelins  ( 125 x 15  ) but at £110 a pop x 5 = £ 550  :o thats more than I paid for the car 15 years back ,  lol:1

steve195527

« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2015, 00:28:56 »

Not for me Steve , I have seen under the bonnet , buying Maserati  was the 2nd big mistake  after buying Panhard , panhard for it's building in aloy  tech , Meserati for it's engine tech ,  indeed Citroen dreamed of entering the prestige market , and lost it's direction , and went broke twice , first bought by Michelin  2nd time by Peugeot ,
they should have stuck to farmers market powered wagons ( 2CV   lol:1 )
BTW my 2cv  today passed its 37 MOT with no advisories ,  it's fast heading  for best of remaining , think  I best retire it to my garage next winter ,
defiantly the only car  I have owned that could return a profit when I am done with it ,
was going to treat it to a new set of skinny Michelins  ( 125 x 15  ) but at £110 a pop x 5 = £ 550  :o thats more than I paid for the car 15 years back ,  lol:1
didn't they say at the time that it had as much power as could be safely put through the front wheels(or was that the SAAB turbo?)how wrong they were then compared to now with the fancy diffs/electronics they have nowadays!

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2015, 22:22:16 »
@ Steve
indeed yonks back 100 bhp  was seen as the upper limit for FWD  , and one of the reasons Citroen wanted the Massa engine ,  to prove pre traction control  180 bhp was possible to use ,  ( and no Citroen didn't invent FWD ) it had been around for years ,
they just refined it and applied it to mass produced cars ,

SAB/DKW/Wartburge /Trabant , were my dream yonks back while ignoring  the trail of blue smoke, I believed the 2 stroke engine to be the ultimate future  ::),   

hence , my main income today is  share trading ,  I never read the small print " your investment could also go down"  :o ,  at the moment my only upward trend is my now road tax free 2cv ,  you are right " I need to get out more " , find a online dating gal
and whisk her away for an exotic camping holiday  in the new forest ,  ;)

steve195527

« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2015, 22:35:55 »
@ Steve
indeed yonks back 100 bhp  was seen as the upper limit for FWD  , and one of the reasons Citroen wanted the Massa engine ,  to prove pre traction control  180 bhp was possible to use ,  ( and no Citroen didn't invent FWD ) it had been around for years ,
they just refined it and applied it to mass produced cars ,

SAB/DKW/Wartburge /Trabant , were my dream yonks back while ignoring  the trail of blue smoke, I believed the 2 stroke engine to be the ultimate future  ::),   

hence , my main income today is  share trading ,  I never read the small print " your investment could also go down"  :o ,  at the moment my only upward trend is my now road tax free 2cv ,  you are right " I need to get out more " , find a online dating gal
and whisk her away for an exotic camping holiday  in the new forest ,  ;)
wasn't the 1st fwd an American,cord or chord or something similar,citroen were either the 1st or 2nd European to make them