Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On Demand service down in the early hours ?  (Read 718 times)

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
On Demand service down in the early hours ?
« on: 03 April 2015, 00:38:55 »
Advertisement
Has anyone else noticed that the On Demand service is quite frequently down in the early hours ?

I go to "Settings" > "Network" and see the setting "Connection to On Demand" = Fail

Normally it says OK.

I can only assume that the On Demand service is temporarily disabled at this time of the night to allow Sky to update digiboxes ?

I never noticed this before mind you I rarely go to bed as late as I did last night.

In fact I am off to bed now  ;D

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
Re: On Demand service down in the early hours ?
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2015, 15:35:57 »
It's a bug that sometimes happens at Sky's end. If it happens again press the reset button on the remote for the Network tab until it says OK. Sometimes it can take 3 - 8 resets until it sorts itself.

Just for your information. Lots of threads on it.

http://community.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/Service-Connection-Fail-On-Demand/m-p/677558/highlight/true#M385479

http://community.sky.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?page=1&location=forum-board%3Aarchived-discussions&q=on+demand+fail&search_type=thread&filter=labels%2Clocation

Sometimes the On Demand page might show up blank when it happens. When it does, do the same. Go into Network tab and keep resetting it until its fine. Sometimes On Demand sometimes says its OK when its not. Once the pages load it'll be fine. Its a weird one when it happens.
Originally known as Quasimoto

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
Re: On Demand service down in the early hours ?
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2015, 18:08:29 »
Cheers for the advice cappy, bookmarked  :)