Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Antivirus suite currently?  (Read 2804 times)

steve195527

Re: Best Antivirus suite currently?
« Reply #20 on: 07 March 2015, 14:26:14 »
Advertisement
you must have it set to view 30day report as default,I have to click on reports to get to that "screen"

snadge

« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2015, 17:17:34 »
nah i havent changed anything other than disabled backup and every day (or maybe every other day) this comes up when I open it from the tray

bug?

steve195527

« Reply #22 on: 07 March 2015, 18:02:09 »
nah i havent changed anything other than disabled backup and every day (or maybe every other day) this comes up when I open it from the tray

bug?
probably because your product is the version with online backup mine isn't,and just remembered I have 30 day report disabled in options!

snadge

« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2015, 19:57:58 »
only thing is Norton has increased my boot time (which is expected) but only by 2 seconds (SSD)

steve195527

« Reply #24 on: 07 March 2015, 21:09:14 »
only thing is Norton has increased my boot time (which is expected) but only by 2 seconds (SSD)
I actually can't believe you have taken the trouble to time it!compared to what though?no av installed or a different product?

snadge

« Reply #25 on: 08 March 2015, 17:42:17 »
i didnt time it...i can tell from the windows logo forming when i turn on... it usually goes to desktop as the four colours are moving about less than halfway through creating the glowing orb...now it creates the orb and it starts to glow then the desktop appears....thats how i noticed.

steve195527

« Reply #26 on: 08 March 2015, 18:06:21 »
i didnt time it...i can tell from the windows logo forming when i turn on... it usually goes to desktop as the four colours are moving about less than halfway through creating the glowing orb...now it creates the orb and it starts to glow then the desktop appears....thats how i noticed.
was the increase in time compared to no av installed or compared to another product?

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: 08 March 2015, 21:15:11 »

No installed programs load at that point. How can any antivirus scan when the OS is still booting way before logon? However, Windows 7 doesn't bootup as fast as Windows 8 for me. It's a relative clean install. 3 - 5 months and Windows 7 is on a faster SSD.
Originally known as Quasimoto

snadge

« Reply #28 on: 09 March 2015, 13:46:43 »
Because at that point on my PC it is loading up background services
...inc Norton ,most av's have boot protection built in so will load with the os before any app
..and this is true with Norton as it is always the first icon on the tray