Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kernal journal  (Read 498 times)

Offline westernatlas772

Kernal journal
« on: 03 February 2015, 21:54:48 »
Advertisement
Twice today, when starting My PC had a "disc loading error occurence " and would not load the Op system, the suggested "Press Contol/alt/delete" solution did not initiate any recovery so to get up n running  I manually restarted from the on off switch.  Upon succesful restarting I  had a  "Nvidea Kernal not responding but has fully recovered" flag-up.  Do you think the two are connected. ?   Thanks for any help

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: Kernal journal
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2015, 09:46:28 »
To be honest could be anything from the beginnings of hardrive failure to a corrupt nvidia  driver personally i think its the latter
It might be a good idea to run, chkdsk /f C:   from cprompt as well.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2015, 18:30:33 »
thanks for that Den1, unfortunately the PC has gone down all together now, I cant get to cprompt cos It wont load windows. There is a  " a disc reader error has occured, press cntrl/alt/del to restart" message displayed, on pressing the latter, it goes to the blue screen CMOS set up utility ready for me to select an option....dunno what Im doing in there so left well alone.   another message also came up saying "windows is having trouble communicating with a device connected to your PC, this error can be caused by unplugging a storage device while the device is in use, or caused by a faulty hard drive or CD rom.   does any of that point you in a particular direction. thanks for any help

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2015, 19:32:43 »
Firstly what options do you have when you get to cmos are they boot options ? if so make sure the the pc is booting from the right drive if you have more than one fitted.
"a disc reader error has occured"  would suggest to me hardrive failure, however it might be a good idea to open the pc up and check that everything is plugged in as it should be, i'am assuming it is a tower.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2015, 19:55:47 »
yea its a tower with twin hard drives,ive also just found that  it wont start in safe mode either, in the cmos it gives a list of 12 options, advanced bios features....load fail safe defaults....standard bios features....pc health status amongst others...I will take the back off and after earthing myself refit all plugs then restart. back later.

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2015, 22:36:49 »
Thanks for the help Den1, I removed all the plugs inside and refitted them like you said cleaned the dust out while I was in there and the prob has gone, time will tell over the next few days but its running fine now. I will get in touch in a few days to let you know how its going.     Thanks very much for your time.