Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Roco's Sunday night ramblings  (Read 709 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Roco's Sunday night ramblings
« on: 25 January 2015, 22:34:58 »
Advertisement
Easy on anyone saying Roco get your coat  ;) indeed years back on a service trip I
(free company booze ) attempted to chat up  hotel barmaid with evil intent ,
only to be told that's the second time you have fallen of your bar stool ,so time for bedy byes for you alone , 
Indeed,I hope it makes you laugh  I could ramble for the UK if it was a Olympic sport , so here goes my ramble
--------
Come over all nostalgic , maybe  because me and the transistor share a birthday coming up shortly ,both  to be coffin dodgers  hopefully LOL
Or is it the gift of a bottle of Glenfiddich for sorting out a neighbours car
( cuts out after slowing ,  a real pita at traffic lights )
And no it wasnít  to quote the local garage for £1000 odd for a new thingy ? ,lol ,
just a stuck mechanical fuel pump pressure realise valve ,

Got me thinking of lifeís rip off's , back in the days of CRT T.Vís
a failed set making a sound like  sizzling bacon was inevitably a shot EHT valve ,
but the TV was taken away for a week , and the customer told you were lucky it wasnít the TUBE , I truly canít stand working folk being ripped of by working folk ,
yes we all got to make a living , but surely not at a Broís expense ?,
this rant got me ably assisted by I think I will have yet again another shot of the above mentioned poison ,
Computers ! I can remmeber when every town had   2 TV repair shops and a Woollies ,
All I got now is £shop and Waitrose and 14 estate agents , indeed due to lack of staff the Wait part of Waitrose  is so true , mind you I can drink 2  of their free cappuccinos while waiting and bounce out the door with caffeine overload , so itís not all bad , and the bonus we have 2 computer repair shops , but never seen a customer darkening their door step ,
To be honest I have given up trying to figure up the future ,  will probably vote for FUKP
,at lest Al  has the grip on Great Briton ,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CS1cUIxBVg 
BTW, do we live in Great Britain ,England or the UK , ?
anyway after  the 5th tipple I got some Gals ( Roco's Angels )to trouble in Email , indeed all mouth and trousers me , :D

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: Roco's Sunday night ramblings
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2015, 18:50:35 »
 lol:1  roco i doubt if any of our younger members would know what a eht valve was, apart from us oldies  :D
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2015, 19:34:40 »
 :D
roco i doubt if any of our younger members would know what a eht valve was, apart from us oldies  :D
  :'( I guess they will never know the joy of fiddling with a cats whisker    ;)
 lol:1

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2015, 20:41:58 »
Now we're talking old   :D
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

steve195527

« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2015, 21:11:27 »
Now we're talking old   :D
yep my dad told me about those!
still a lot of valve gear sold in top end hi-fi,especially in japan(and not so top end from china)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2015, 02:39:45 »
OLD !!! :-[ I still measure  things in Cubits ,
(for the youngsters , from elbow to tip of index finger )
most youngsters I know cant tell the difference between their head or ass these days ,
only kidding ,  ;)