Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wages wrong again -12 months now  (Read 602 times)

snadge

Wages wrong again -12 months now
« on: 01 January 2015, 16:29:26 »
Advertisement
topic is private:

12 months on and after proving them wrong the wages are still wrong

ok i was only missing 30 minutes this pay...wow

but since march im owed 28.5 hours and have all the evidence, next months pay is 2 hours out

surely they cant get away with this then threaten u when ur not seliing careplan to customers to meet targets

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Re: Wages wrong again -12 months now
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2015, 22:08:56 »
@ snadge

Maybe I should have made this in PM , but it applies to a lot of folk these days
Indeed I have been bullied in the past , surprisingly by a Charity org .
It became obvious to me I would have to leave , the saving grace was the other workers got treated the same way , but I was not prepared to accept it , or waste time going to a tribunal etc ,  so I walked but only after securing another job ,
(cutting of your noes to spite your face is not the way to go imho )
Crap jopbs ? I guess we all have had 1 or 2 , but itís good for experience ,
At least you know what jobs to avoid next time ,
Indeed times have changed , long gone are unions etc ,  I have mixed views on them ,
But their upside was they gave workers some protection , 
seems to me  they maybe needed again ?,  as I am sure some folk are now  being exploited ,  which goes full circle as to  why unions came into existence originally ,

BTW I think I would have lasted less than month at PC world , having observed the pressure the sales staff were under , during my Xbox1 fiasco ,

snadge

« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2015, 22:47:56 »
i swear you've no idea!!! (sales pressure & targets)

my problem is i like the job...unless i get into Maplins I would be happy - more tech!

think i will go down with my CV - just like i did at currys

steve195527

« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2015, 23:30:23 »
topic is private:

12 months on and after proving them wrong the wages are still wrong

ok i was only missing 30 minutes this pay...wow

but since march im owed 28.5 hours and have all the evidence, next months pay is 2 hours out

surely they cant get away with this then threaten u when ur not seliing careplan to customers to meet targets
how do your hours get recorded?do you clock in or do you or your manager just fill in a time sheet,if its your manager(or supervisor) who does this then its most likely him/her deliberately trying to keep store overheads down in the eyes of his/her superiors by not paying staff their entitled hours,have you asked around?it is most probably not just you it is happening to,if it isn't the practice needs questioning and bringing to the attention of the company HR dept,they may not be aware of this(then again they could be implicit in it!)If that does no good you can bring the practice to the attention of the dept of works and pensions,who are there believe it or not to protect employees from being exploited