Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: computer  (Read 481 times)

Offline gannite6364

• Full-Time Member
computer
« on: 23 November 2014, 12:46:14 »
Advertisement
My laptop has sarted to lock up, if i am not using it for a minute or two. I have to turn it of and back on. Any help most welcome.

snadge

Re: computer
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2014, 15:07:34 »
does it just freeze?  how are you turning it off & back on if its frozen?
have you had it a while?
could be bad RAM or corrupt OS

steve195527

Re: computer
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2014, 15:54:26 »
could be almost anything,any new software installed lately?has it only happened since any windows/driver updates?go into admin tools and look at event viewer it may give you a clue as to where to look,also if you have had the PC for a while make sure you have enough free space for the OS to work correctly,if nothing is clearly outlined try restoring your pc to a date before the issue started using system restore or run an indepth scan disc using cmd util

go to all programs/accessories right click on command prompt,from menu choose run as admin,type in exactly as shown including space before the /
chkdsk /r

restart and allow it to do its thing,that can correct a lot of OS issues if pc wont run long enough to do what I suggest start it in safe mode,that may get round the locking issue for you to work on it
is this issue only since you installed and ran that wise util?all these programs seem to cause more problems than they solve,if it is restore your PC to before you installed it