Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unplain English  (Read 1094 times)

Offline westernatlas772

Unplain English
« on: 18 October 2014, 21:53:52 »
Advertisement
Ive been asking 3 via email to explain their ADD ONS to me cos they dont make sense, I must be annoying them cos they wont reply, I am with 3 PAYG, ive got plenty of credit to fone n text, and I want to purchase some MB only, to surf the internet on the move, On my 3 website "accounts" page, it says I can purchase an MB only add on.... SHORT TERM???...no explanation..... what the hell does that mean exactly, but it also  goes on....Quote...."5 for 500MB, 120MB for you to use the internet on your phone"....unquote... now I must be missing something there, cos I dunno what Im going to use the other 380MB for, can anyone enlighten me please?   

snadge

Re: Unplain English
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2014, 13:26:29 »
might help if you link us to said page? or showed us a screenshot?

also your 123 package means you just top up anyway and use it at 1p per MB which is quite cheap

1p per MB
2p per text
3p per minute

123 - its as easy as that, if you want 500Mb just put 5 on, but your package means its shared between calls and texts...

the bolt on sounds like a MIX of calls, texts and phone for 5 you get 120Mb fixed and 3.80 is shared between calls and texts

as you wanted PAYG I would have thought it would be easy for you just to top up your phone as and when needed? you dont need a DATA only top up...its up to you if you want to use your credit for calls or texts or data

if I were you I would stick too the way your using it as you wont get the data cheaper than 1p per MB thats for sure...just dont make as many calls or texts...otherwise top up...if its costing you too much then your using too much data and may have been better off on a monthly plan

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2014, 23:04:22 »
I cant link as its a secure page, and I havnt managed a screenshot even after following three different sets of online instructions as they ALL ended in dead-ends.....I think..it means 120MB to surf the internet, and the remaining 380MB for downloading, there are no calls/texts  attatched to it , Ive still no Idea how long "short Term" is hence the thread title.."Unplain English". Im gonna phone their customer services and see what they say because thats no information, I I have  also noticed no explanations for all of their short term purchases on the 3 site....."Daily internet 50 pence".....no mention of how many MB..must be free all day then ??.....heres another offer..."Short term Email 3"??.... no clues given, what the hell does 3 buy you on that Add-on, email in the short term I guess.

snadge

« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2014, 14:12:47 »
this might be usefull that I found with ease on the three website under THREE PRICE GUIDE and PAYG

the 5 DATA bolt on gives you 500Mb for 30 days only
50p per day gives you 120Mb per day and lasts only 24 hours

http://www.three.co.uk/_standalone/Link_Document?content_aid=1400542092272

downloads a PDF... open it

see screen below which is just a small part of the document
http://i.imgur.com/IzDbexK.jpg

it explains exactly what your talking about, although I cant see the sense in using any of it and getting confused and counting days as your 123 current plan equates to the same price and therefore using these bolt ons is just adding time limits to what your already paying for in 123 which isnt time limited...

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2014, 21:03:48 »
Yea, thats a good chart, and it explains some things....but the Add-on  for "Internet only" on my 3 website says ....5 gets you 500mb, 120mb for you to use the internet on your phone" it says nothing about what happens with the remaining 380mb, it doesnt on that chart either. mystery to me. Ive still to fone them and ask.   

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #5 on: 26 October 2014, 08:33:02 »
That explains that bit, you might of found that bit out already

There are two main types of Add-on: short-term Add-ons and long-term Add-ons. Each short-term Add-on lasts up to 30 days and then automatically stops at the end of your billing month. Each long-term Add-on gives you allowances that last up to 31 days, and then automatically gets added again at the beginning of your next billing month.