Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clarkson driven out.....  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Clarkson driven out.....
« on: 06 October 2014, 09:34:42 »
Advertisement
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

snadge

Re: Clarkson driven out.....
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2014, 19:17:41 »
oh dear

they do go over the top sometimes... remember the American one when they were driving through texas?

steve195527

« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2014, 20:31:23 »
I like top gear but Clarkson is a prick of the highest magnitude

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2014, 20:38:49 »

Agreed  :D
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2014, 22:25:00 »
  :whathesaid: , But he is also a multi million   prick ,
sure the stunt was pre planned  , maybe  not by Clarkson himself
but by his P.R team , ( any publicity is good Publicity ) and worth another few quid ,
as a bloke I would hate to be in a near empty pub with him ,
I list top gear under comedy ,  yeah great to see expensive fast cars  we will never own ,
My personal dream is to own a lancia Stratos , but back in the real world my road tax free old 2cv will do for me Tommie , (it pays it's way by TV  contracts), :D

BTW  the Stig makes me smile , who is he ?, I figure a DHSS/Tax   cheat ,
or a Romanian illegal , ;)

snadge

« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2014, 13:57:02 »
you will love this....watch till the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuO-8S_0Wg

Harry and Paul's Clarkson Island - its funny as hell  ;D

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2014, 17:30:01 »

lol:1 lol:1 lol:1 lol:1 lol:1

steve195527

« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2014, 18:12:06 »
Steve Berry reckons that Clarkson is most awful person he has ever met/worked with,seems to tally with how he behaves

Offline KRW

« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2014, 20:03:48 »
Records show the car - which last changed hands in August, weeks before the ill-fated trip - was registered as H982 FKL to the Porsche 928 featured in the show in 1991.
But it was later changed to H1 VAE - the registration plate later attached to the car in Argentina - by a previous owner in 2001, before being changed back.
Records suggest that the H1 VAE plate is now registered to another car in a UK, a Porsche 911 Turbo, and has been since 2006.
The DVLA today confirmed that it is an offence to drive a car 'in this country or abroad' under a plate assigned to a different vehicle.
A spokesman said: 'The UK rules are clear a vehicle can only display a registration mark that is currently assigned to that vehicle.
'Failure to comply with these rules can result in a fine of up to 1,000 and enforcement of this offence would be a matter for the police.
'We would always advise motorists planning on taking a vehicle abroad to check the vehicle registration rules of the individual registration authorities.'
The BBC has said it is looking into the controversy but is unable to comment on the issue at present.
It came as Clarkson claimed that Argentina allegedly told Chilean officials to stop the crew entering the country as they tried to flee from the angry mob.
Windows 10 Home 64bit    Netgear D7000
Down/Up Connect Speed  80/20 Mbp (max speed 70Mb/19Mb) updated
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1483655240613837255

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #9 on: 07 October 2014, 20:55:10 »
I thought that plate was familiar to me,now i know  ;) 

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2014, 21:16:01 »
 lol:1 at reg plates ,
back in the dim and distant past , for my sins I used to spanner for a  French car small time importer ,mostly Citroen 2cv  vans   >:(,  ( hey it paid the mortgage )
it was back in the days when scrapping an old car , got you Cash back from the gov,
most of them arrived in my humble work shop with the same reg plate ,
not that I noticed at first , I was too busy underneath welding  ,
eventually I noticed  a reg plate I had seen before ,
I got curios and removed it , to find the outline of a totally different reg ,
figure the dealer was importing French Gov scraped cars from the official breakers,
then screwed on English plates , and drove them to the UK , for resale ,
He died recently a millionaire ,
they sold easy although they were LHD , I actually like LHD ,  having driven them most of my driving life, easy to avoid the multitude of cyclists and getting out on the near side , but it sure scares the hell out of front seat passengers   >:(
BTw ,I  still have the Dutch log book and Plate 08-91-FV , but unfortunately  not the
vehicle , I am working on that , = park anywhere disregard speed limits  = , no road tax etc ,  lol:1

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #11 on: 07 October 2014, 21:24:14 »

Hahahahaha

steve195527

« Reply #12 on: 07 October 2014, 21:34:26 »
but by his P.R team , ( any publicity is good Publicity ) and worth another few quid ,
I list top gear under comedy ,  yeah great to see expensive fast cars  we will never own ,
My personal dream is to own a lancia Stratos , but back in the real world my road tax free old 2cv will do for me Tommie , (it pays it's way by TV  contracts), :D

Did you ever have any contact with GRV(or may have been GVR:-jeff goodliffes company)they prepared race cars for various teams/drivers,think Matt Neal was prob last before they decided to close down,one of my customers was one of the chief engine guys there,talking getting on 30ish yrs back probably even more,he took me there one day to show me the stuff they had on site,there was one of the Aston Martins that raced at LeMans,looked to be based on the old v8,about 10 Ferraris,few Porches   and an original Stratos,he said it was only car the guys hated road testing as it was geared so low,only did about 110mph but got there so fast it was terrifying,with almost an on/off throttle,think it had been converted to rally cross racing,looked great from a distance but like a well used race car close up

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 07 October 2014, 22:23:12 »

Did you ever have any contact with GRV(or may have been GVR:-jeff goodliffes company)they prepared race cars for various teams/drivers,think Matt Neal was prob last before they decided to close down,one of my customers was one of the chief engine guys there,talking getting on 30ish yrs back probably even more,he took me there one day to show me the stuff they had on site,there was one of the Aston Martins that raced at LeMans,looked to be based on the old v8,about 10 Ferraris,few Porches   and an original Stratos,he said it was only car the guys hated road testing as it was geared so low,only did about 110mph but got there so fast it was terrifying,with almost an on/off throttle,think it had been converted to rally cross racing,looked great from a distance but like a well used race car close up
Sorry Steve , no contact , I reluctantly moved  from motorcycles ( marriage )  to cars
and sot of adopted the air cooled 2cv thing ,
mainly because it gave me bonus points with females ;  Citroen 2CV - junge Frau hat massive Startprobleme / Cranking    :D
my dream choice  of transport would be a BMW GS motorcycle ,
or a electric scooter !,

tlo be honest cars piss me off ,