Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Firefox hangs on her account after closing (sometimes)  (Read 491 times)

snadge

Firefox hangs on her account after closing (sometimes)
« on: 04 October 2014, 10:09:22 »
Advertisement
we've been having problems the past few days (which are erratic) where she will log on (while im still logged on - i use chrome BTW) and use firefox fine, but when she closes it, uses excel then goes to use it again it wont open...strange enough neither will IE, Chrome does but has all my bookmarks and is the reason she is using Firefox, chrome seems to be installed universally for everyone and shares the bookmarks, weve had some right issues with that alone trying to sort it so I said "just use firefox" but now its hanging on close ... when it happens opening Task Manager shows Firefox is running...

also I went to log her off and the computer hung and I had to crash it

Firefox answer is to use the exit button thats built in

she has only noticed it since I installed Norton Security with Backup and funnily enough after coming back on (after crashing it) Norton was using a constant 20% CPU for a few minutes? this is after the comp had been on for 30 minutes so was likely to be up-to-date so doubt it was an update and also it wasnt a "quick-scan" either as its not in the log....it probably not related but she said its just started to happen recently and thats the only change ive made

anyone else got any input?

edit: ive just tried to repeat the symptoms but this time it was fine for me? so I have told her to report it to me every time it happens and she is just going to use the built in firefox close button

cheers

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: Firefox hangs on her account after closing (sometimes)
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2014, 16:51:36 »
Is everything alright with that now