Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DNS Benchmark  (Read 1148 times)

snadge

DNS Benchmark
« on: 26 September 2014, 21:33:37 »
Advertisement
glad I ran it as I thought SKY's would never be beaten as they were always 4-6ms faster than the next, it appears that sky's remains similar but since my ping has dropped from 32ms to 22ms I have much faster DNS servers including OpenDNS (which was one of the fastest) which are beating sky

Internap European Autonomous System (GB) was the fastest DNS server - same as OpenDNS for cached results (common webpages people search for) but IEAS was much faster at un-cached / lookups (searching other DNS servers if it dont have the IP address your after)

of course it all depends on your location so one should run DNS Benchmark yourself

but one above is:

this was after I created my own top 50 fastest from over 4,000 worldwide (which takes 30 minutes) and the above only appeared after that, you can add them in manually too, it comes with a default list

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

note: after creating a top 50 you can save them as an INI file and load it up every time you use it for future testing

...every millisecond counts lol  ;D

steve195527

Re: DNS Benchmark
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2014, 00:19:13 »
glad I ran it as I thought SKY's would never be beaten as they were always 4-6ms faster than the next, it appears that sky's remains similar but since my ping has dropped from 32ms to 22ms I have much faster DNS servers including OpenDNS (which was one of the fastest) which are beating sky

Internap European Autonomous System (GB) was the fastest DNS server - same as OpenDNS for cached results (common webpages people search for) but IEAS was much faster at un-cached / lookups (searching other DNS servers if it dont have the IP address your after)

of course it all depends on your location so one should run DNS Benchmark yourself

but one above is:

this was after I created my own top 50 fastest from over 4,000 worldwide (which takes 30 minutes) and the above only appeared after that, you can add them in manually too, it comes with a default list

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

note: after creating a top 50 you can save them as an INI file and load it up every time you use it for future testing

...every millisecond counts lol  ;D
yes a few thousandths of a second can make loads of difference,ask nico rosberg

snadge

« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2014, 08:30:26 »
sky was taking 29ms - now my new DNS is taking 23ms - 6ms saved lol, hey it all helps

steve195527

« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2014, 10:13:20 »
sky was taking 29ms - now my new DNS is taking 23ms - 6ms saved lol, hey it all helps
I was thinking more along the lines of the 7ms that Lewis got pole from Nico

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/929/7394/