Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Red hat symbol thingymajig  (Read 1009 times)

Offline westernatlas772

Red hat symbol thingymajig
« on: 02 September 2014, 19:18:35 »
Advertisement
Hi all again. My new Moto G, has in the top left of the screen, a red symbol, its very small, is always there, and  looks like a little red Mexican sombrero, either that or its a red bean siting in a pool of tomato sauce. Ive got no idea what it is and there is no info in the Motorola instructions so I assume its a 3rd party Logo for summit....Any ideas?

steve195527

Offline KRW

Re: Red hat symbol thingymajig
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2014, 20:26:42 »
Its a Motorola app called spotlight stories , tap and watch and play. I have it disabled on my X
Windows 10 Home 64bit    Netgear D7000
Down/Up Connect Speed  80/20 Mbp (max speed 70Mb/19Mb) updated
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1483655240613837255

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2014, 21:06:41 »
AAhh right, got that, its a disney cartoon they send out every now and then. Thanks for that you two, I appreciate the help.

snadge

« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2014, 13:25:55 »
like i say - all phones come with their own "crapware" that will be using resources...I disabled all my Sony Widgets and apps etc... keep an eye on your battery usage and see whats using what - that is why KRW says he has it disabled

how long you getting between charges?

have you managed to get it connected to your home wifi? <-you need to set it to update apps on wifi only (if its not on by default) also by default they update automatically...which I dont prefer tbh, would rather be notified and do it manually...but thats me...the more apps you install the more battery it will use constantly updating them automatically...I usually wait for a bunch to become ready then update them all in one go at home over wifi