Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CCTV con  (Read 5152 times)

snadge

CCTV con
« on: 22 August 2014, 11:49:35 »
Advertisement
so I bought this system that says D1 (PAL records at 720x576) - got it, installed it over 2 days, then found out that only 1 channel will record at D1 and all other 3 (and 5th when we get it) will record at CIF (352x288) which is a quarter the quality of D1 - when I pulled the seller they amended the description on Amazon and said it was always there...
....well... I have proof it wasnt

before i purchased:
http://i.imgur.com/McV2A4Y.jpg

after I purchased, installed, realised and pulled them about it and they said it was always there:
http://i.imgur.com/xWXiq5s.jpg

I got 20 partial refund through amazon chat - the live feeds are all D1 but records only 1 channel at D1 - im hoping theres a forum that has a hack or method of changing all this...may need a new DVR that can handle the analogue bandwidth...

not happy - thats why its so cheap and was my title of review

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SANNCE-Security-Surveillance-Weatherproof-Cameras/dp/B00K4WP5LI/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Only records D1 on 1 cam only - rest are CIF...be warned
By Paul B. on 21 Aug 2014
Verified Purchase
Dont bother - its cheap because it only records D1 on one camera alone... the rest are recorded at CIF a quarter the resolution...so basically you can pick an "important" cam like your car on the drive but the rest are like looking at blown up early flip phone footage where you can not make anyone out... they are ok for indoor home use if you want to connect too alarm or for businesses with small rooms... but for outside use they are no good at all...unless your looking to use 1 camera....

I learned the hard way - pay the 1000 and get an IP system thats much much clearer - I thought I was getting D1 recording across all 4 cams with 800H TV lines worth of CMOS capture put in 720H lines (clearer again)... it doesnt look like PAL (SD) at all (unless viewing on a 10" screen) - you cant make out faces on the D1 live feed at even 10-15ft -- you get what you pay for - the mobile side of it is useless as there are no instructions and scanning QR codes takes you to website that requires active-x like Internet Explorer... I tried it with a Samsung Tablet and Sony Smartphone - the only GOOD thing is it is easy to setup with your router using static IP but you have to use Internet Explorer (IETab for chrome or Firefox does not work) and you can capture photos, record to PC and download footage and access all the options

but finding out that all my cams are recording at 352 x 288 pixels instead if 720 x 576 has left me devastated,,, what use is it seeing the thief doing something but not being able to recognize it!

Offline Stevan

Re: CCTV con
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2014, 15:28:57 »
Send it back Snadge...
...who said that?

snadge

« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2014, 16:09:36 »
its all installed mate....took 2 days... after showing them evidence they are going to send me a 960H unit but I dont care for widescreen PAL (960x576) as long as it lets me drop down into D1 (720x576) and ALL channels are recording on it - the cams are 800TV lines Horizontal....so even if I used the 960H mode 160 lines would be "upscaled"

I just want what I thought I was getting

but when asked if this would record ALL same - im yet to get a reply and they have been pretty quick until that...so maybe they are testing it...im betting not...  even if they have to send me a really expensive DVR that does....its not my fault they mis-advertised...

Offline Stevan

« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2014, 17:19:54 »
Of course it's not your fault!
Seems to be more and more misleading / missing info these days.
Hope it resolves well for you.
:)
...who said that?

snadge

« Reply #4 on: 23 August 2014, 08:57:16 »
still no reply about it...so maybe i best give them a reply