Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Laser assault  (Read 983 times)

Offline westernatlas772

Laser assault
« on: 10 August 2014, 18:19:37 »
Advertisement
Was out last night with my mother, shes 85 so thought I would treat her to a packet of peanuts and a half of real ale, but it turned into a disaster.......as we left the pub at 9.30pm , we strolled along the path towards her house 200 yards away, suddenly I saw a huge green piercing flash which temporarily blinded me, from a passing car someone had pointed a laser at me and got me right in the eyes with it, hurt too, dull pain in both eyes and a feeling of grittiness or sand in the eyes, and just missed my mother, I turned to check his reg but he tried to laser me again so I had to look away to protect my eyes, once I turned away he then tried to target my mother, he hit her with the laser but didnt hit her eyes, I saw the laser tracing around her body,  we didnt manage to get his reg....foned the police who couldn't help cos the car was long gone, I couldn't even tell them colour or make but they told me firing a laser at someone is assault, also told me there had been no reports of anyone firing a laser....so Ive logged a complaint of assault.
                                   Im having to wear sunglasses all the time cos light hurts so tomorrow Im gonna make a urgent app at the opticians to check for damage, my eyes still hurt 24hrs later feels tender like a hangover.and I keep getting a stabbing pain across my forehead, seems to start from my eyes.

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: Laser assault
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2014, 18:44:33 »
Oh dear sorry to hear that, i just don't understand the mentality of some people doing this, what sort of perverted pleasure do they get from doing it.
I hope there is no lasting damage for you, having once suffered arc eye i know how painful it can be.   
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2014, 18:55:20 »
Thanks DEN1, Ive also had Arc eye, got it passing a welder just as he struck up without a screen, got sand in eyes for 3 days, raw and very uncomfortable, this is nowhere near as bad as that tho, will probs be some teens who think its a laugh, hopefully i think it will wear off after a few days, will find out tomorrow tho.

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2014, 20:15:26 »
Sorry to hear that western silly tw..s yea ive also had arc eye god thats not nice

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2014, 01:39:23 »
Got several thoughts on this , first up not all teenagers are Tw*ts ,
indeed they are our future , I blame lack of early parental  control and not
its the school teachers problem ,
2nd thought , to remember
we all did stupid  things as kids, I am old enough to  remember getting a clip around the ear by police Sargent Tindle for being a stupid kid,maybe I could respectively sue .
Ha ha ,
a few years back lazer pens where the must have locally , the real fun apparently ? was targeting aircraft and pilots on their approach to London Heathrow airport  .
now combated by extra perimeter security  , the cost was added to jnr's parents flights ,
my other thought is who the hell sold these lazers , and why ,
so a spotty faced prick buy one  with no need for ID for as for  packet of fags ,

anyway rant over , get checked out soon as pos W772

and whats with arc eye , been welding 28+ years with arc/ mig /tig
never had arc eye , and yes on occasion without a shield  ,
I just squinted  and relied on long girlie eyelashes ,   :-* ....( Thar )
but I have been rendered temporary blinded  by ball lightening after being struck in my car ,

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2014, 08:15:40 »
I had Arc eye when I was around 10-11 my dad said don't watch me while I'm doing this(so what did I do haha) wish I listened to him god did that hurt  lol:1

snadge

« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2014, 10:33:39 »
little b8st8rds - they shouldnt be allowed to sell portable lazers powerfull enough to blind people...  there should be CCTV footage in that or nearby area that could maybe help get the car or even the incident -
surely that pub has CCTV in the car park?  what about the block of flats across the way? - the cops should of FIRST checked for CCTV in the area as there could be permanent damage there for all you know...

they would have been parked up on tynemouth strip afterwards man...shoulda drove up and parked up and had a look around for someone messing around with lazer then phoned police..

its even quite possible the car was stolen

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2014, 20:19:20 »
Got several thoughts on this , first up not all teenagers are Tw*ts ,
indeed they are our future , I blame lack of early parental  control and not
its the school teachers problem ,

It's the parents problem to stop them doing moronic/stupid/irresponsible things. Teachers aren't there to tell them not to flash lasers.

It'll never happen though. We have liberal nuts everywhere (including lecturers who brainwash the young) with the attitude "who are you to tell me what to do, or I'll take to twitter and blacken your name with my lynch mob or get your fired from your job". An ousting society/country.

Everything is done out of popularity nowadays.

Amazing - Egypt Fights Back Against Government Helicopter With Lasers
Originally known as Quasimoto

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2014, 19:30:58 »
Hi all. Got eyes checked at the opticians which I visit yearly, the light sensitive Retinas in both eyes are swollen, the left more than the right, thats cos I was looking slightly left as I turned and was lasered.....the optician says that's the usual result of a laser assault, causing slight pain, bit like a hangover, which after 3 days has now subsided just like she said it would. I have made a complaint of assault with the police, they told me the lasers are for sale on Ebay for 5-10 each, Ive looked and there are 30,000 results. Got told off by the optician too, she said I should have gone straight to the nearest hospital, they keep eye drops to soothe the eye and would then send you to the nearest eye hospital

snadge

« Reply #9 on: 14 August 2014, 08:12:37 »
cops - CCTV - Carpark  = surely?

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 14 August 2014, 19:50:10 »
If it is, hope it's not 24 hour rolling over. Or he was in a blind spot from the cameras.

I find it quite scary how easy these lasers can be obtained. Plus the thought of next time, it could be me.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-shows-pilot-view-blinded-laser-pointer-article-1.1823224

What I'd like to know, who was the idiot that made these stupid things?

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2014, 20:40:09 »
Personally i would like these things if we must have them, sold with a much lower power than the
1mW allowed, the scary thing is these can be made from an old dvd player which emit a lot more power in the region of 600mW, a lethal tool indeed.       
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2014, 16:57:39 »
It's crazy though some people go to runways and such pointing them into pilots view.

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net