Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Phone problems  (Read 2962 times)

Offline westernatlas772

Re: Phone problems
« Reply #20 on: 17 August 2014, 16:59:07 »
Advertisement
went into EE shop, they sell Moto G 8gb with EE for 150.......Jeesus......Im on a O2 sim, so went into a O2 shop today and they sell the Moto G 8gb locked to O2 for 1 year for 99, so I can buy that and put my O2 sim card into it, and run that for a year, then decide were I go after that....didnt buy it till i talk to my Eloctronics manager...(SNADGE) to get permission to move forward with it he he.

Offline KRW

« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2014, 17:14:57 »
Nice one, it is a great phone I bought two (4g type) one each for my brothers.
Windows 10 Home 64bit    Netgear D7000
Down/Up Connect Speed  80/20 Mbp (max speed 70Mb/19Mb) updated
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1483655240613837255

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2014, 18:45:42 »
The O2 bloke was telling me that on most bundles n contracts, any credit you have left at the end of the month is swallowed, but, O2 has ( O2 Unlimited), with this... any credit left at the end of the month carries over to the next month..and so on.........now thats important to me cos Im a VERY light user. Now thats what I was confusingly trying to explain earlier, its not the call minutes that roll over, its the fones credit.

snadge

« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2014, 23:08:51 »
minutes or credit its the same thing... and it must be an o2 only thing cos 99% of the time (and is the norm) you reset every month - as you say you barely phone anyone so wouldnt matter if you used 90 of your say 500 mins then it reset back to 500 the next month would it?

for e.g. theres no need have 10,000 minutes or so gathering up for no use at all

also, what nobody has mentioned here is coverage! or asked where you live... o2 are very poor...I used to be with them, Amy is and she drops out regularly when phoning me.... and we live in the city outskirts

EE (directly, not through Tescoburys or Sainsways hehe) have the best coverage PERIOD! they use T-Mobile and Orange (which is already good) masts together...

just get an unlocked MOTO 8GB and an EE PAYG sim card...

3G (Internet and email) coverage for o2 in your area:
BLUE=INDOORS & OUTDOORS
ORANGE= OUTDOORS ONLY

says below - NOT GOOD FOR MOBILE BROADBAND

again for EE - (4G masts would drop down to 3G for your fone so are included)

so basically 3G all over the place

lets take a look at THREE:

better than o2 but still poor compared to EE

Vodafone , Orange and T-Mobile are a waste of time because Vodafone is the worst out of teh lot and T-Mobile and Orange work together now on EE - the rest are just "hitchhikers" on other providers networks that get less bandwidth and less connectivity!

PROOF!!! - VODAFONE

There you go - your house is right in middle, that red blob
red = limited lol 99% thats why i cant get a signal at yours
purple = indoors/outdoors
grey = outdoors only
white = no connection

if I were you and ive only had a quick look... 13.99 a month contract sim for one year gets you
500Mb data
1000 Minutes
unlimited texts

you could try and skimp on a lower data with option of upgrade if needs be, I wouldnt go lower than 250Mb tho... it costs more for 30 day rolling contract (see image below one below)

BARE IN MIND TO UPGRADE YOU MAY HAVE TO BE ON THE ROLLING 30 DAY MONTHLY CONTRACT... CALL INTO EE OR EMAIL AND ASK - START OFF ON CHEAPEST PACKAGE AND WORK YOUR WAY UP TO NEXT ONE....BUT WOULD THINK BE 30 DAY ROLLING FOR THAT...

if your looking for minutes too roll over then forget it cos your not gunna get that anywhere on anything but what you got now...and your internet on the go will be shit...

you will also need training on it ...set it to update apps only on wifi and loads of other stuff.. turn off GPS as you will not use it..

right im off to bed cos ive spent over an hour making this thread! :)

i honestly think your best on a yearly contract at 13.99 for 500Mb / 1000 Mins / Unlimited

if not then the 250Mb one for 11.99

Offline KRW

« Reply #24 on: 18 August 2014, 16:47:20 »
3 have deal with we to share we 4g where 3 don't plan to have update their mast. Don't when this happen in practise maybe from 2015

snadge

« Reply #25 on: 27 August 2014, 13:14:43 »
3 have deal with we to share we 4g where 3 don't plan to have update their mast. Don't when this happen in practise maybe from 2015

source?

Offline KRW

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #27 on: 27 August 2014, 18:52:47 »
That quote is 6 months old, Ive never heard of of that EE/3 deal....., just goes to show how fast things are moving as the networks jostle for a slice of the telecommunications cake.

snadge

« Reply #28 on: 29 August 2014, 10:00:39 »
as i said on another thread, ofcom have forced EE to give 10Mhz of the 60Mhz spectrum allotted for 4G - this makes me think that Three still piggy-back on Orange/EE's network...

snadge

« Reply #29 on: 31 August 2014, 09:25:53 »
in one breath he says they dont piggy-back, in the next he says they do! (share 3G networks - which is what most people use) - make yer mind up ;)

anyway we all know who this idiot really is...lol his attitude sticks out like a sore thumb!

goodbye!  :))