Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: anyone know how to use these "find my past" websites?  (Read 725 times)

snadge

Advertisement
I just paid 10 for 1 months access on www.findmypast.co.uk to help old lady down road try and find out who her dad is but all she has is his name (Jack Harris from Glamorgan in Wales)

I have her and her twin brothers name and DOB + area and their mothers name and YOB and area

WTF?

help lol...

shouldnt you be able to put in these details and then it just link it all up for you>? at the minute it has ME actually making a family tree...

can someone check this site while im at work tomoz cos im gunna get my money back if they cant pull yer history up!

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: anyone know how to use these "find my past" websites?
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2014, 17:12:05 »
Just put my name in can't find me  :o
Can be very time consuming researching one's history been using ancestry .co.uk for while haven't got very far  lol:1 . as you have  out snadge its not just a case of putting a name in you have to build some sort of tree.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

snadge

« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2014, 09:03:39 »
aye our lass knows i think n i gunna help

thanks den

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2014, 22:13:45 »
 lol:1,I would rather not "find my Past " , it reminds me of the ex asking where were you last night , fortunately I suffer from short term memory loss after a few beers,
your and my  past , only proves one thing ,we are survivors " the cream of the crop" ,
many others of our species went the way of the  Darwin award for stupidity ,
Horrible Histories - Stupid Deaths - Pythagoras
anyway we can all claim a link to  royal ,( they put it about a bit ) 
and further back  to Fred Flintstone  ( he had a pedal car )  and got about a bit ,
I get about a bit  using past knowledge and my boyish humour and charm  ::)

lol:1