Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FTTC coming soon... DATE SET  (Read 4028 times)

snadge

Re: FTTC coming soon... DATE SET
« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2014, 10:33:04 »
Advertisement
well... they also built a new cab across the road replacing the old one.... ive yet too see anymore work ongoing ANYWHERE within miles lol....seems that was it for the month...

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #21 on: 09 August 2014, 10:39:28 »
Oh bummer

Offline warweezil

• Getting There
« Reply #22 on: 04 September 2014, 09:03:22 »
Having a date means NOTHING.

SWPM had its roll out 2 months ago, PCP29 - which I have the huge misfortune of being connected to was not installed due to "ground issues" and a new location has apparently been decided and notified to planners (no issues there I am told) problem is the Superfarce Wales circus has moved on to bring partial coverage to yet another area and we now have no date - surrounded as we are now by FTTC cabinets we are told "it is in scope" by the Wasters at Superfast Cymru who seem only able to produce PR drivel that only tells half the story, conveniently neglecting to mention that most areas that they have  "Brought superfast access to" have huge holes in them that are not on Fibre.

Its a farce.

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #23 on: 04 September 2014, 09:38:33 »
Going by that I take it your not happy warweezil

Offline warweezil

• Getting There
« Reply #24 on: 04 September 2014, 18:14:11 »
VERY unhappy, those who remember me from the old DSLZone will know my line is not the greatest for stability despite being less than 3km and having been looked at time and again by Openjoke. I have recently run my stats through a checker at coolwebhome, that suggests that on ADSL2+ my line should be doing 8-11 megs on sync rather than around 7 which while good for ADSL2 isnt great  for a medium length line on ADSL2+ which my Fritzbox confirms is the mode I am running and should be able to run on a line of this length.

When I originally moved from Enta IPSC to Vivaciti/Daisy LLU I saw my sync go from 5.5 ish to just over 7 megs, at one stage I did see a sync over 8 megs and have had one or two speeds tests that have reflected that but over the last year my speed has slipped downwards and the move back to WBC on Enta Wholesale that Vivaciti inflicted on us has seen a further drop.

So yes.. very hacked off being in a slow-spot in our town while all around me are nice shiny new cabinets

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #25 on: 04 September 2014, 20:59:14 »
Blimey that would do my head in well hopefully things will get sorted

Offline warweezil

• Getting There
« Reply #26 on: 04 September 2014, 23:38:06 »
3 drops today since 9.45 am. SNR remains at 6db. The line has swung from 73xx up 83xx and now back to 77xx kbit/s

Oh well it managed 16 days without a drop,,, thats more than usual.

BT Openjoke... an easy way to describe all that is wrong with UK telecoms

Offline KRW

« Reply #27 on: 06 September 2014, 20:32:55 »
Have you tried asking for 9db profile, it'll lower your sync and d/l speed but will reduce the drop outs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit    Netgear D7000
Down/Up Connect Speed  80/20 Mbp (max speed 70Mb/19Mb) updated
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1483655240613837255

snadge

« Reply #28 on: 07 September 2014, 09:15:35 »
Why don't you run dsl-stats or router stats to see what your noise margin is doing over time? 

Also I forgot too say a second cab has been installed right next to the exchange.. I might have a cycle around a few estates when I get back from hols n see if any elsewhere other than my regular route to work

Sent from my Sony Xperia Miro on Tapatalk

Offline thar

« Reply #29 on: 07 September 2014, 21:29:51 »
3 drops today since 9.45 am. SNR remains at 6db. The line has swung from 73xx up 83xx and now back to 77xx kbit/s

Oh well it managed 16 days without a drop,,, thats more than usual.

BT Openjoke... an easy way to describe all that is wrong with UK telecoms

I thought 77xx was the Max but you've seen an 83xx sync?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Offline warweezil

• Getting There
« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2014, 21:35:09 »
77xx is the generally the max, very occasionally it resyncs up above 8xxx but then drops back soon afterwards. Usually its in the mid 7xxx and sometimes syncs in the mid to high 6xxx range,

Noise margin used to vary a lot but seems to have settled at 6, It has always done this on ADSL - even back when the exchange was first activated (longer than I want to remember) on 512k with Pipex when I had a Speedstream pci modem They changed the E side just before I left Enta in 2012, That was in response to a conversation I had about the drops with an Enta tech who spotted that my line was then running below FTL . That was also when Openjoke tried to hit me with an SFI charge.

A lower sync would just be making a poorly performing line worse, The checker at Coolwebhome has already highlighted that my line is somewhere between 1 and 3 megs below expectations for its attenuation and noise margin Movng from ADSLMax to ADSL2+ gave me very little uplift. Dropping more sync will put me back to ADSLMax levels which clearly isnt right. I am sick of the situation. 2.9km isn't a long line and it should be making better than just below 6.5 megs throughput on ADSL2+, as well as dropping the line under-performs and Openjoke just cant be bothered to sort it out - as usual a second rate service from what is a monopoly provider for most of Wales. Remember the Coolwebhome  calculator suggested that while my sync was opk for ADSL2,  - 2+ should see me somewhere over 8 megs up-to 11 megs. The line cant reach the lower end on that with any regularity, that and the drops say that something is WRONG and needs fixing

Superfarce wales came back to me today with more b/s
I am sorry you have the impression that you are being ignored in your area. This is truly not the case with 14 cabinets already installed and work underway on another 15, which includes your cabinet. We may have another location for the cabinet that serves your property but the spine work and cabling also needs to be planned. Be assured that we will continue to work on your cab but I am not able to offer any dates as work is still very much in it's infancy stage.
Thanks for your email and again, I am sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

The new location is mere feet from the original, and in fact is CLOSER to the main trunk route (which is under the road that crosses the river - the trunking is carried in the bridge)

I think the truth is more like this.Our installation teams have moved on and will return to your area sometime when we have rolled out bits of other areas. Its sad that we stuffed the survey so your cabinet couldn't go in as planned but Tough luck, You will have to wait while we bring super whizzy fibre doo dahs to bits of other areas.

As ever - anything the Assembly Government has its sticky fingers on is a complete cluster****.

Where else would you see Priority Rural areas being relegated to a second phase while (by a complete coincidence) the non priority area represented by the "minister" responsible for the roll out was done in the first phase despite being on the outskirts of an urban area.

So we have openjoke who are clueless or just couldnt care less... and a fibre roll out that it being done on a bitza basis... of course they claim to have rolled out to so many areas - the truth is they are often only partial roll outs. There are lies and half truths... and then there are Cardiff bay press releases which are complete fairy stories.

Angry? you better believe it.

Offline KRW

« Reply #31 on: 24 September 2014, 20:04:34 »
Well less than a week to FTTC availability, but no word yet of taking orders, checked with Plusnet, BT.

Looking more like of yet another failure date, I checked on Plusnet forum and I raised post saying that a date had been set end December 2012! and that came and went along with other set dates.

Snadge hope you have more luck.

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: 25 September 2014, 12:30:39 »
There's been BT Openreach in my village installing fibre cables. No cabinet yet. They were 150 - 200 yards away installing the stuff. I asked them what they were doing.
Originally known as Quasimoto

Offline KRW

« Reply #33 on: 25 September 2014, 12:40:09 »
Well our cabinets have ready since January  just waiting for fibre feed to exchange from nearby Blackburn

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: 25 September 2014, 13:35:08 »
So I could be 8 months to a year…  :(

Offline KRW

« Reply #35 on: 25 September 2014, 19:13:15 »
from when they first announced two or more years is more likely

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: 25 September 2014, 21:11:03 »
So depressing.

Offline KRW

« Reply #37 on: 25 September 2014, 21:30:37 »
It is.

Offline KRW

« Reply #38 on: 25 September 2014, 21:35:22 »
Since im having connectivity problems and pn is blaming us for heavy streaming I'm going give my bb until next week if no improvement and if fttc is available I'm moving to Zen.

I've requested a MAC from PN