Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: True Image 2014 - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!  (Read 752 times)

snadge

True Image 2014 - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
« on: 18 July 2014, 19:17:39 »
Advertisement
thought I would risk it after my 2013 version caused so much damage i had to reinstall windows

well ive had nothing but problems since 2014 was installed...constant messages saying service has stopped

other few small things BUT when you try to uninstall it just sticks at this:

no doubght if i use REVO im gunna to remove it im still goin to have issues in hand

luckily I enabled system restore and created a restore point....if that even helps

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: True Image 2014 - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2014, 21:23:01 »
You dont have much luck with that

steve195527

« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2014, 06:12:50 »
thought I would risk it after my 2013 version caused so much damage i had to reinstall windows

well ive had nothing but problems since 2014 was installed...constant messages saying service has stopped

other few small things BUT when you try to uninstall it just sticks at this:

no doubght if i use REVO im gunna to remove it im still goin to have issues in hand

luckily I enabled system restore and created a restore point....if that even helps
I tried an earlier version of this a few years back and found a slight conflict between it and Kaspersky which I used all the time then,Kis (or may have been Kav)was treating it as malware and stopping it functioning as it should,had to place a few bits and pieces in exclude from scanning etc option in Kaspersky,so effectively Kaspersky ignored whatever actions True Image carried out,never had an issue with uninstalling it though,well can't remember having any,so if you're running Kis it may be worth speaking to Lisa at kaspersky support to see if there is still an issue between the two products

snadge

« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2014, 09:19:34 »
at install i was running comodo firewall, I think that may have been the issue because I managed to uninstall it after removing comodo (as i switched to bit-defender later...or BD may have still been installed...cant remember)

bloody restore poit is gone though! cos was gunna restore incase as Revo removed some stuff from True Image in attempt to uninstall it...luckily i have a backup from True Image 2011 which works flawlessly ..7 days old like

i'll run SFC /SCANNOW

steve195527

« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2014, 11:43:35 »
at install i was running comodo firewall, I think that may have been the issue because I managed to uninstall it after removing comodo (as i switched to bit-defender later...or BD may have still been installed...cant remember)

bloody restore poit is gone though! cos was gunna restore incase as Revo removed some stuff from True Image in attempt to uninstall it...luckily i have a backup from True Image 2011 which works flawlessly ..7 days old like

i'll run SFC /SCANNOW
also run chkdsk /r(as admin)