Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paypal - A Complete Con!  (Read 800 times)

snadge

Paypal - A Complete Con!
« on: 16 July 2014, 13:17:02 »
Advertisement
so I helped a friend sell something on ebay for 390 - the seller has paid and is expecting the item (a Merlin Annual Pass for a family of 4) - Paypal took their fee;s quite happily and said it would take up to 21 days for the rest (his money) to be made available]

this is what I emailed to them for him (as he's not very computer literate)

I have just sold an item for 390 for which PAYPAL have taken THEIR SHARE of the money for fees but REFUSE to give me the rest of my money within 21 days... why? ive sold many things before without issue and if i was told this would happen then I wouldnt have even bothered!! - im sure that Trading Standards and such would be interested to know that its ok for PayPal to keep my money BUT take their share for fee's anyway regardless!!! - to me its all about interest and making as much as possible of other peoples money as you can before giving them back..I bet if it was a $10 sale this wouldnt have happened!, I will contact Trading Standards and the media about this ...its an absolute JOKE!

turns out:

payments are held if ALL of this criteria is NOT met:

a) if 90 days have not passed since the first successful ebay sale - passed
b) not more than 25 transactions have been completed on the site - 25 dead on, so fail
c) if more than 165 hasnt been generated in total sales - 252.31 in sales so passed
d) if the account has been suspended previously and reinstated less than 90 days ago - no so pass
c) the seller status account does not reach Standard or Above - pass

HERES THE THING HE HAS SOLD IN THE PAST AND NOT HAD MONIES RESERVED FOR 21 DAYS...PAYPAL CAN NOT BE TRUSTED WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY...

bit of a con i say - it also says if you put say 7 days dispatch then you wont get paid until 7 days AFTER the buyer gets it!!! even if he got it next day!!!
and if that ONLY he give a good review!!!!!

If he doent give any review then you get the funds after 21 days!

summit not right here?

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbmJwpvlTIM

snadge

Re: Paypal hold money for 21 days 400 (after taking their cut)
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2014, 16:37:02 »
total con

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: Paypal - A Complete Con!
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2014, 20:00:03 »
Had this happen to my youngest son a few months ago, he sold his mobile phone that was no longer needed sold for 50 paypal tried to hold on to the money, following a heated telephone call in which i pointed out that the buyer had received the phone within two days of paying and was happy with the purchase etc  etc  they agreed to release the money but it was a battle.
Paypal are a law unto themselves  >:( >:(
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2014, 20:36:49 »
Im going to sell  stuff on Ebay soon, Ive never done it before but I fail the first and second rule on your list then....90 days have not passed since last sale cos Ive never done one so there sure to hang-up my dosh, AND I wont pass their 165 rule either so they wont pay out for me cos Im a new seller

steve195527

« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2014, 20:46:22 »
Im going to sell  stuff on Ebay soon, Ive never done it before but I fail the first and second rule on your list then....90 days have not passed since last sale cos Ive never done one so there sure to hang-up my dosh, AND I wont pass their 165 rule either so they wont pay out for me cos Im a new seller
my son and daughter both sell stuff on ebay and have never had any problems with paypal keeping hold of their money,lad sells all sorts up to complete motor bikes so some things quite expensive

snadge

« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2014, 22:09:41 »
have a deep read on paypals website - seems their rules may have changed in regards in to new-ish sellers selling high price items... ive never sold over 140 and that was years ago...

alls it takes is for the item to be recieved then cmr leaving no FB or saying they didnt receive it (even if its signed for they could say wasnt them..just put a scribble)