Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hands up the smokers  (Read 602 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Hands up the smokers
« on: 09 July 2014, 21:58:45 »
Advertisement
The legal overpriced stuff  , the others that use alternative smoking material
You are on your own , yes being a London lad I tried it once , but like Bill Clinton
I didn’t inhale , ( well maybe just a bit ) maybe just enough to fall over my boat trailer,
Next day decided  a pint or 2 of draught Guinness down the pub with mates was better value  ,

Last week I attended a smoking cessation  clinic (NHS ) never saw so many depressed loonies in my life ,all on champix  the wonder cure  and talking about the vivid dreams'I accidentally left my flies unzipped , and had a chest infection from hacking down  ivy ,I had to take antibiotics ,  I got introduced as a new member  cough – cough " My name is " cough - cough
And came away feeling like an alien ( with unzipped flies  ;D)
I might venture back in the future ,
anyone else taken the “cure”)
as I now find I am spending more on fags than a roast dinner at the local 
Harvester pub chain ,

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: Hands up the smokers
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2014, 20:01:49 »
 :D :D :D :D

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2014, 17:26:30 »
I've never smoked thank goodness apart from the time when I was around 10 years of age when I tried a cig for the first time and nearly passed out  ???

steve195527

« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2014, 18:10:34 »
I'm a non-smoker but I do feel the ant-smoking lobby have gotten too much of their own way re legislation against smokers,too draconian in some ways and now they are trying to get more anti-smoking laws passed,even against the electronic gizmos,which produce only water vapour!

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2014, 21:35:37 »
Truly well done Steve & Curly  , I didn't start till I was 35  , how stupid is that  !
I am about to under go the wonder Champix  cure ,
apparently it can give vivid dreams at night ,  I could do with some of those
especially if they involve large busted women , no doubt mine will be of spiders and snakes knowing my luck ,
E cigs do contain ethanol, long term usage is a unknown ,  so it's right to be cautious ,
Nicotine is a great weed killer , but tea spoon full  will kill an adult ,

I think my only hope of a cure is realizing my body is a temple , as fat as it is ,
Hey, it never did Buda any harm  :D, I now got a young Sikh girl trying to put me straight ,  this could end up as a clash of cultures , but she has my respect ,
although she doesn't do a few vodkas and a fag or 2  then a quick thrash in the car park , so far she is winning  :(

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2014, 21:50:37 »
I tried it when I was 16 but not for long. I've probably had a fair few though my dad when he was alive used to smoke 60-80 a day