Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BBC licence fee to be cut?  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: BBC licence fee to be cut?
« Reply #20 on: 21 June 2014, 08:54:46 »
Advertisement
Yea love wimbledon and it starts Monday

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: 21 June 2014, 09:26:18 »
2 ( or 4 ) adults banging a ball back and fore over a bit of netting.. yawn. ;D

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: 21 June 2014, 10:10:39 »
Yea love wimbledon and it starts Monday
:whathesaid:

steve195527

« Reply #23 on: 21 June 2014, 10:51:23 »
you're ok though,still showing soaps and cooking progs >:D >:D >:D >:D :P

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: 23 June 2014, 21:18:07 »

Don't watch either of them Steve.... ;)

steve195527

« Reply #25 on: 23 June 2014, 22:03:04 »

Don't watch either of them Steve.... ;)
sounds like you could ditch the telly and save the licence fee! >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: 24 June 2014, 21:14:51 »
You could well be right Steve... ;)

Still not sure why the Beeb cannot have a dedicated Sport Channel .. :-\

They managed it during the Olympics, I guess they spend too much on iPlayer.. >:D to service the needs of mainly non licence fee payers ... >:D :(

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: 24 June 2014, 23:07:24 »
You could well be right Steve... ;)

Still not sure why the Beeb cannot have a dedicated Sport Channel .. :-\

They managed it during the Olympics, I guess they spend too much on iPlayer.. >:D to service the needs of mainly non licence fee payers ... >:D :(
BBc iplayer has been updated , I only go there by link  ,(not installed on my computer)
 seems like iPlayer  offerings are cutting down , I only watch factual History
there has been nothing new for weeks  ,but no worries I got a good book to read
"1000 years of annoying the French" by Steven Clarke ,  humours factual account,
near 700 pages long , so who needs world cup fever  or corrie  :D ,

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: 25 June 2014, 20:41:37 »
The daft thing is Roco, I pay a licence fee, yet even if I wanted to access iPlayer in Spain, I could not, they bar non-UK ISP's.

Anyway having boring Wimbledon on the only 2 BBC TV channels in the daytime, is hardly serving the majority needs of licence fee payers.

I mean, not even the most ardent tennis supporter can watch 2 channels at the same time. >:D >:( >:( >:(

steve195527

« Reply #29 on: 25 June 2014, 21:18:59 »
The daft thing is Roco, I pay a licence fee, yet even if I wanted to access iPlayer in Spain, I could not, they bar non-UK ISP's.

Anyway having boring Wimbledon on the only 2 BBC TV channels in the daytime, is hardly serving the majority needs of licence fee payers.

I mean, not even the most ardent tennis supporter can watch 2 channels at the same time. >:D >:( >:( >:(
that's daft if its a free service (the iPlayer)then why should it matter that you access it using a non uk ISP,its also unfair that you can't use it to watch programs even though you have a TV licence but others who haven't can,so us licence payers are subsidising the folk who watch tv via it avoiding the fee!

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: 26 June 2014, 00:38:16 »
It's fun isn't it, steve. Region locked Internet. I need a zone unlocker because Youtube stops a lot of stuff for UK folk. :/

I get regular links from American friends and vice versa when I send them. I can't view theirs and they can't view mine. Then there's an area where some stuff everyone can access. Youtube comes up with some message about licensing restrictions for your country. Can't remember word for word but something along those lines.
Originally known as Quasimoto

steve195527

« Reply #31 on: 26 June 2014, 08:45:11 »
It's fun isn't it, steve. Region locked Internet. I need a zone unlocker because Youtube stops a lot of stuff for UK folk. :/

I get regular links from American friends and vice versa when I send them. I can't view theirs and they can't view mine. Then there's an area where some stuff everyone can access. Youtube comes up with some message about licensing restrictions for your country. Can't remember word for word but something along those lines.
I know some things were encoded differently for different regions,dvds for example but thought the idea of the net was to be global!that's why it is such a good tool for the terrorists!

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: 26 June 2014, 23:28:50 »

that's daft if its a free service (the iPlayer)then why should it matter that you access it using a non uk ISP,its also unfair that you can't use it to watch programs even though you have a TV licence but others who haven't can,so us licence payers are subsidising the folk who watch tv via it avoiding the fee!

Exactly..spot on.. ;)

steve195527

« Reply #33 on: 27 June 2014, 10:45:16 »

Exactly..spot on.. ;)
shouldn't the licence fee be for being able to view tv programs "no matter which method you use" and not just for those with a TV watching them live?too many other methods to view them nowadays that weren't envisioned when it was introduced