Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I hate paying TAX  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
I hate paying TAX
« on: 31 May 2014, 21:36:39 »
Advertisement
Next year No more TaX

my old 2CV is now recognised as Historic , by our wonderful Government,
it's brought it's last tax disk,
Have been quoting it as a 76 , but checking the "log book"
it's a 75 , but it spent a long time in rural France,
untaxed in a barn, which was odd as it's RHD ,
might petition the government to classify me as Historic
to save income tax , otherwise I might move to rural France
and live in a barn .
anyway a result , next year road tax 0 insurance fully comp
at London rate 98 MOT 39 = 137for a year + 48 MPG average,

Me and Ripley the ripple bonneted 2CV, are celebrating this evening ,might just
spray it with a bottle of Bollinger's 007,  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

steve195527

Re: I hate paying TAX
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2014, 21:53:22 »
I would need to be paid to live with and use a 2CV as my only day to day car,then again I feel the same about the original Beetle!Just because something is chic or has a cult following doesn't make it good,what will be the next  crap "in" car I wonder?the Trabant?Or has that already reached that status due to U2 having some on stage for the Zoo tv tour

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2014, 22:26:52 »
I would need to be paid to live with and use a 2CV as my only day to day car,then again I feel the same about the original Beetle!Just because something is chic or has a cult following doesn't make it good,what will be the next  crap "in" car I wonder?the Trabant?Or has that already reached that status due to U2 having some on stage for the Zoo tv tour
Never said the 2CV was good , it suited  the hard times back then ,
but then I guess it depends what you need a car to achieve ,
for A-B it works , pulling chic's and impressing people it dosn't ,
well not sure on the pulling chic's  ,I have no complaint on that score  ;),
but admittedly after the latest Witch has turned me into a layby a sea sickness pill
comes in useful  ;),
indeed not a work travelling car , my company supplied car was a Audi ,
and as a back up while it was being serviced  (often )I got a Audi  Rabbit ,
only the Germans can call a car a Rabbit  :D,  imagine a Girl like Helga  saying
sorry I can only offer you a Rabbit ,  Argh those blue eyes and blonde pig tails tied in a bun,did it every time ,
does the make and type of car influence folk , well maybe only J Clarkson IMHO

steve195527

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2014, 23:04:27 »
but admittedly after the latest Witch has turned me into a layby a sea sickness pill
comes in useful  ;),
only the Germans can call a car a Rabbit  :D,  imagine a Girl like Helga  saying
sorry I can only offer you a Rabbit ,  Argh those blue eyes and blonde pig tails tied in a bun,did it every time ,
thought the rabbit was the German version(or was it American) of the golf gti?

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2014, 03:51:33 »
comes in useful  ;),
thought the rabbit was the German version(or was it American) of the golf gti?
indeed it was ( I was working in Germany at the time )
it was the German jnr secretaries car ,  and did she get ratty when I had to use it ,but then they never had a sense of humour
talking of that  our very own Jeremy Clarkson from the 90's
Old Top Gear - Citroen 2CV Race
now he has a great +4 million a year job , and he doesn't have to kick a football ,

Offline michty_me

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2014, 09:13:06 »
I'm concerned about my road tax and don't think there is much I can do about it now.
On Mitsubishi's website for the car I own it states it should be 247g/km but my V5 states 347g/km. After checking with other owners of the same age vehicle (08 plate) they too have 347g/km. Anything afterwards (58 plate onwards) shows the correct 247g/km.

My concern is that if the government decided to really put up the prices for tax then I may end up paying a lot more for my tax than someone that has a car 6 months newer.

Offline KRW

« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2014, 09:38:49 »
I'm about to change to a Honda Jazz with stop/ start technology. Honda been crafty in standard the 1.2 has 121 mg but the s/s brings it down to 120 so making rfl 30 instead of 105 pa

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home 64bit    Netgear D7000
Down/Up Connect Speed  80/20 Mbp (max speed 70Mb/19Mb) updated
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1483655240613837255

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2014, 12:30:58 »
I'm about to change to a Honda Jazz with stop/ start technology. Honda been crafty in standard the 1.2 has 121 mg but the s/s brings it down to 120 so making rfl 30 instead of 105 pa

Most of the time, the start/stop will not even function.

Battery has to be at maximum charge, engine temperature has to be at optimum..etc. etc.

Offline KRW

« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2014, 12:51:01 »
I know but its 75 in my pocket, until the government revises the emission levels

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2014, 21:22:06 »
the whole RFL is in a mess ,it costs billions to implement , collect and police,
I never understood why it wasn't just added to the fuel cost ,
it would have saved me a 50 fine for forgetting  to do a SORN , on a car garage stored  :'( ,
had to laugh though a Friend collects old 2cv's that are truly scrappers , he has about 15 all registered in his name ,  the annual tax due dates SORN statements are driving him nuts ,if he misses all 15 =765 in fines >:D
which brings me to asking as I run a 39 year old car ,( it's not my only car )
it does about 5000 miles per year , it's my sunny day toy ,
every where I drive it folk come up and ask about it , most say they or a friend had one way back   they were so much fun , ( apart from the rust bug )
for me it's a small economical convertible  , with the ability to carry large objects via the sun roof , as the antiques road show demonstrates,( 5 internal doors last week  :D )  it will cruise on the motorway at 65-70 mph , and hold it's own in town traffic
and is given a wide berth  due to it's lean on turns and it's metal Roo bars front and back ,
I love to see old cars on the road ,  doing there bit to save the environment ,

Offline KRW

« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2014, 22:33:40 »
I used to go over to Belgium in late 70's and I think they still have same system today, there you register a number plate and to use it you pay the appropriate tax for a year for the vehicle (depending on CO2 and engine size).

Each year you get a new plate (with the same number you are registered to) embossed to show you've paid your tax (tax disc is the plate for the vehicle, the registration number is you)

Not sure now but back then the plate also was stamped to show that you are insured, only fully comp was allowed.

They don't have the same used car market as owners keep their cars for years and don't change as often as us, there's no keeping up with the Jones to have the latest registration plate (14 reg, 64 reg etc)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 03 June 2014, 00:18:33 »
I used to go over to Belgium in late 70's and I think they still have same system today, there you register a number plate and to use it you pay the appropriate tax for a year for the vehicle (depending on CO2 and engine size).

Each year you get a new plate (with the same number you are registered to) embossed to show you've paid your tax (tax disc is the plate for the vehicle, the registration number is you)

Not sure now but back then the plate also was stamped to show that you are insured, only fully comp was allowed.

They don't have the same used car market as owners keep their cars for years and don't change as often as us, there's no keeping up with the Jones to have the latest registration plate (14 reg, 64 reg etc)
from memory it was the same in Germany ,all s/h cars  were sold plateless,
from my origins  Jersey CI the insurance companies supplied  the RFL disk  ,
as part of the insurance , and it had to displayed on the windscreen ,
BTW in Jersey the locals are protesting that Petrol will be shortly 1.10  a litre,
as they use as much as  10 litres a week on the 8X10 Island  ,  :D