Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: E.On energy supplier to pay record 12m mis-selling penalty  (Read 407 times)

Offline Jay9

• Full-Time Member
Advertisement

Energy giant E.On is to pay a record 12m penalty, following an investigation into mis-selling by the industry regulator.

Ofgem said it was the largest penalty paid to date by a UK energy supplier.

Its investigation found "extensive poor sales practices" amongst staff selling on the doorstep and by phone.

E.On has apologised to its customers, and has promised to pay compensation to anyone who was mis-sold an energy package.

The company has estimated that the bill for compensation payments is likely to be between 3m and 8m, on top of the 12m penalty.

""I am personally absolutely devastated by this, and I'm sure my colleagues across the country are equally devastated" said Tony Cocker, E.On's chief executive.

He told the BBC he took full responsibility for the failings, but would not comment on whether he might resign as a result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27433428

steve195527

Re: E.On energy supplier to pay record 12m mis-selling penalty
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2014, 02:33:35 »
the chairman is more likely devastated by the fact they were found out and charged and not by the fact that the company he runs was carrying out such practices,the energy companies try to screw the public at every chance