Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Roco's going baty  (Read 732 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Roco's going baty
« on: 14 May 2014, 01:29:07 »
Advertisement
now back in a rural setting , after 20 years of being a London guy,
but always a village guy at heart , London's been fun , (especially the girls ;) )
I am now slowly remembering country ways , I now get church bells striking,  the hour instead of London Heathrow jets drowning out conversations ,
and I got BATS at sunset , amazing creatures , flick a crumb of sausage roll into the air and they echo locate and take it mid flight , apparently they will a small stone  ,but I ain't that cruel to try ,
I already have a favourite " Bernie" the bat ,
progress so far ,I got the ground work team in with  a 3 ton digger/plough,
it all kicks of tomorrow , I bags first drive   :D

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: Roco's going baty
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2014, 18:10:05 »
Would love to see some pics roco  lol:1
Bats got them on the allotment along with fox's, pheasants, oh and a resident cat.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2014, 18:14:23 »
I got bitten by a bat once I put my hand in a old coat which was hanging up in the workshop and bloody bat bit me. Also when I was in Australia the sky was full of fruit bats then all of a sudden felt this wet patch on my neck and it was bat s..t

snadge

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2014, 06:19:13 »
never mind the bloody bats!... whats the internet like? hehehehe

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2014, 08:33:29 »
:whathesaid:   lol:1
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2014, 22:35:08 »
:whathesaid:   lol:1
It's good (internet)  I have BT fibre , pay for 40x10  get 39.1 x9.2  , & 24/7
it suits me as I don't have the need for anything faster , but then I cut my teeth on 56k dial up ,    >:D

Today we had a calamity the Plough/digger broke a track , it's now stuck in the front garden until the ground team locate and fit a replacement ,  so they packed up early after my gal showed them the old ways of clearing land  ,  :))
indeed you can't beat an old style Russian gal ,  I let her stop at sunset although I did think of rigging up a spotlight for her ,
gave her a coffee and a Ginsters Cornish pasty , Hey you got to look after good workers , ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2014, 23:00:37 »
Looking good mate

Offline westernatlas772

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2014, 23:09:17 »
When I was a kid in the 60s, I was in a pub one night in the countryside with my parents, I heard a motorbike pull up outside followed by screaming, everyone filed out the pub to see what the problem was, and there was a female pillion rider with a beehive hairstyle with a scarf wrapped around it to keep it in place on the motorbike, ( in the days before helmets)....and there was a live bat tangled deep inside her hair do, the woman was frantically trying to get it out, a bar maid came out with scissors and cut her hair away and pulled the bat out and it flew off into the night,   What a picture she was though he he he,  Just the sort of thing you remember when your 7.

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2014, 23:41:13 »
When I was a kid in the 60s, I was in a pub one night in the countryside with my parents, I heard a motorbike pull up outside followed by screaming, everyone filed out the pub to see what the problem was, and there was a female pillion rider with a beehive hairstyle with a scarf wrapped around it to keep it in place on the motorbike, ( in the days before helmets)....and there was a live bat tangled deep inside her hair do, the woman was frantically trying to get it out, a bar maid came out with scissors and cut her hair away and pulled the bat out and it flew off into the night,   What a picture she was though he he he,  Just the sort of thing you remember when your 7.
:o  Hi Westenatlas , your giving your age away ,b. 1966 ?
me ? I can still remember the 50's ,
to be honest I thought the bat in the hair was a myth , I need to apologize to my ex as she hates the things for that reason ,Bats and mice still make her scream , while I run a mile after seeing a spider , although being manly I don't scream , I just silently wet my pants  ,