Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: anyone else having issues accessing site?  (Read 1996 times)

snadge

anyone else having issues accessing site?
« on: 23 December 2013, 20:59:53 »
Advertisement
Tom seems to be having some slight occasional issues accessing the website, after asking TSO about it they have noticed lots of errors in the database/apache log ALL RELATING TO TAPATALK...!!  for some reason it seems page requests are calling on the mobiqou folder (which belongs to tapatalk and has been deleted along with Tapatalk uninstall some time ago) and therefore recording an error of "file not found"

ive noticed a lot of different IP's at different times and think that it must be all of us generating these errors as we access the site - seems Tapatalk does not remove itself properly!!!

another error that appears with it is not being able to find a 'custom' 404 page to show after the error mentioned above - so ive created one which should leave only the mobiquo errors

have a look see:
http://www.thetechforum.co.uk/404.shtml

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: anyone else having issues accessing site?
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2013, 21:31:16 »
Yea i could be on a page then if I go to another page it does it but only had this about 3 times and I just have to refresh the page and it's fine that's why I think it might be my end even though den seen this the other day.

Den have you got tapatalk notifier in your chrome extensions

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2013, 22:25:07 »
no probs here . is tap a talk some form of Morse code ? , like they use in prisons for communication  :D = 3 taps on the rad = fancy some from big Bob  :D
btw , what's a pretty url ? is it some sort of Ukraine dating service ?

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 29 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.024s, 2q)

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #3 on: 23 December 2013, 22:54:10 »
That's what it is lol

Pretty URLs is a URL management package for Simple Machine Forums (SMF).

It is simple, powerful, extensible and free. Most of all, it is pretty! Its main purpose is to rewrite the important SMF URLs, like these:

http://domain.com/board/topic/
http://domain.com/profile/user/
http://domain.com/unreadreplies/

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 23 December 2013, 23:25:33 »
thanks for the info and links l get 404's on those
I obviously need to learn more >:(
anyway as simpleton I appreciate all the effort used to make this forum ,
being a hermit ( no TV , still on Xp , no cloud stuff , and no clue about web sites ,
and think my computer should work just like my microwave , cold dinner in ,hot meal out,
respect to you guys . ;)

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #5 on: 24 December 2013, 12:37:29 »
Yea i could be on a page then if I go to another page it does it but only had this about 3 times and I just have to refresh the page and it's fine that's why I think it might be my end even though den seen this the other day.

Not using chrome Tom just firefox, i think snadge has hit the nail on the head its is data base related,
is there not an option within smf to clean the database etc. can't remember its a while since i used it
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

snadge

« Reply #6 on: 24 December 2013, 16:29:04 »

Not using chrome Tom just firefox, i think snadge has hit the nail on the head its is data base related,
is there not an option within smf to clean the database etc. can't remember its a while since i used it

there is a way to reset everything but we would lose all mods and themes, ive done a lot of work on the normal theme we've had and some of the changes I wouldnt be able to remember to put back in and also Simple Portal and all the download/guides pages etc would need to be put back on which involves a LOT of work... many days non stop!

only other option is to try and get help to fix problems we find as we go along, which is what Iam hoping

Den do you have Tapatalk extension installed? are you using Tapatalk in any form?

I could put it back on and see how it goes, maybe uninstall it again but I dont think that will fix it

no reply from TT support yet :(

@ Roco - PrettyURLS changes the links in the forum, changes them from (example):
www.website_name_here.com/index.php?post=123456
to
www.website_name_here.com/page_name_here

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2013, 21:22:16 »
Had it again

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2013, 21:24:58 »
Not yet Tom  lol:1
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

snadge

« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2013, 21:55:01 »
something aint right since switching i think, because its only appeared since we switched?

ive never gotten it?

how often do you get it Den?

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/many-apache-errors-even-when-tt-is-uninstalled.22352/

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #10 on: 29 December 2013, 22:05:20 »
Only twice, refreshed page and it went ?

snadge

« Reply #11 on: 29 December 2013, 22:06:03 »
Only twice, refreshed page and it went ?

any recently?