Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New email address for site?  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
New email address for site?
« on: 05 October 2013, 13:25:05 »
Advertisement
I just changed the email address that I use for this site, the old one is being closed by o2....( thanks a bunch )... however the activation email took a good 15 / 20 minutes to come through.

In the meantime, I realised that there is no way of contacting anyone on the site without the activation link.

I was just about to register as a new user when the code came through.

Any reasons for the delayed email activation ? :-\

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: New email address for site?
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2013, 13:35:04 »
Funny that cause we had the same with curly yesterday. I don't know why it took that long perhaps snadge knows

steve195527

« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2013, 13:39:06 »
I just changed the email address that I use for this site, the old one is being closed by o2....( thanks a bunch )... however the activation email took a good 15 / 20 minutes to come through.

In the meantime, I realised that there is no way of contacting anyone on the site without the activation link.

Did youget the offer to keep it but be charged for it?next door neighbour moved to sky and she was given that option,bit much for what it offers I recall,is it any different from standard Yahoo mail?

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2013, 13:55:09 »

Did youget the offer to keep it but be charged for it?next door neighbour moved to sky and she was given that option,bit much for what it offers I recall,is it any different from standard Yahoo mail?

No option, it is just closing, it was actually a very old " genie " email address, that was taken on by o2 some years ago.

Not a real problem, just a bloody nuisance really. >:(

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2013, 13:57:13 »
Funny that cause we had the same with curly yesterday. I don't know why it took that long perhaps snadge knows

OK, thanks for that Tom, you nearly got a new member there..  lol:1

No doubt Snadge will know what is wrong..  ;)

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2013, 14:25:48 »
I was in the same boat as inactive, the confirmation e-mail didn't arrive for over an hour and in which time I was unable to log in to the forum so I just left things as they were and didn't even think about re-registering.

If I never received the confirmation e-mail, I did have yours and snadge's e-mail address which I would have used to let you know what had happened.

p.s. inactive and me both changed our e-mail addresses around the same time and for the same reason i.e. o2 were phasing it out.

What a coincidence  lol:1

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2013, 14:29:55 »
Did you get the offer to keep it but be charged for it?next door neighbour moved to sky and she was given that option,bit much for what it offers I recall,is it any different from standard Yahoo mail?
I know you were asking inactive but as he and I were both with o2, I will answer if you don't mind.

No I wasn't given the option to keep the e-mail address and get charged for it's use and even if I had, I wouldn't have taken them up on the offer !

The e-mail I had a few weeks ago said that it was been phased out altogether ?

If I am not mistaken, Sky has taken over o2 broadband now and so they don't want the costs of running the service perhaps ?

steve195527

« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2013, 14:51:34 »
Did you get the offer to keep it but be charged for it?next door neighbour moved to sky and she was given that option,bit much for what it offers I recall,is it any different from standard Yahoo mail?
I know you were asking inactive but as he and I were both with o2, I will answer if you don't mind.

No I wasn't given the option to keep the e-mail address and get charged for it's use and even if I had, I wouldn't have taken them up on the offer !

The e-mail I had a few weeks ago said that it was been phased out altogether ?

If I am not mistaken, Sky has taken over o2 broadband now and so they don't want the costs of running the service perhaps ?
Misread post,thought it was a BT email addy not O2,she was with BT,I was with Nildram and moved to sky years ago,my email addy with Nildram ceased on the day I moved.great:-any emails sent to me just got lost!

snadge

« Reply #8 on: 05 October 2013, 15:13:22 »
Curly didnt have the 15 min wait as far as im aware - i will try and find out though, activation emails may be polled at 15 minutes but shouldnt be

leave it with me

anyone else leaving o2 and changing email address and either do so themselves or me or Tom can do it for you..

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 05 October 2013, 16:33:07 »
All sorted now, all's well that ends well.

At least I am not leaving..  :angel:

AlecR

« Reply #10 on: 05 October 2013, 16:38:24 »
Just out of interest Snadge, can Tom and you see personal info like email addresses, etc. or is it encrypted?

snadge

« Reply #11 on: 05 October 2013, 16:43:44 »
Admin can view your email address and IP address on your profile page, also IP address on every post you make

AlecR

« Reply #12 on: 05 October 2013, 16:44:25 »
Sent you a PM by the way :).

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2013, 12:16:24 »
Misread post,thought it was a BT email addy not O2,she was with BT,I was with Nildram and moved to sky years ago,my email addy with Nildram ceased on the day I moved.great:-any emails sent to me just got lost!
That's annoying losing all your e-mails straight away.

I am lucky as I have been with Sky for almost 2 years and only now is my old o2 e-mail address being phased out !

steve195527

« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2013, 12:21:50 »
That's annoying losing all your e-mails straight away.

I am lucky as I have been with Sky for almost 2 years and only now is my old o2 e-mail address being phased out !
I used BT years back and when I left the email addy stayed active for what seemed forever,may still be active as far as I know

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2013, 12:27:21 »
Curly didnt have the 15 min wait as far as im aware - i will try and find out though, activation emails may be polled at 15 minutes but shouldnt be
I don't know what happened but I did have to wait for the activation e-mail still not to worry as it's all sorted now.

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2013, 12:30:54 »
I used BT years back and when I left the email addy stayed active for what seemed forever,may still be active as far as I know
It seems to vary between ISP's then.