Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone use Spotify?  (Read 1095 times)

snadge

Anyone use Spotify?
« on: 30 September 2013, 23:44:50 »
Advertisement
just got it today and its great... free version is ad supported both visually and audio - every 4-5 songs you get 1-3  x 15 second adverts - random - audio is 160Kbps

3 month for no ads n higher quality audio (320Kbps)
10 month for above + use anywhere

Offline JordanMihailov

• Noobie
    • UrlCrypt
Re: Anyone use Spotify?
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2016, 11:46:28 »
now u got a discount for spotify  lol:1

Offline dk14

• Noobie
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2017, 10:36:51 »
I'm a big fan of Spotify but I am still using it for free. Of course the ads are annoying but not so bad. I love the Mix of the Week and the Explore feature, and also I think the Concert section is relatively new. This has given me a heads up about so many concerts that I would have hated to miss. Phew!

snadge

« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2017, 17:21:50 »
only issue is (i got rid of it for this) that it uses your upload to upload your library to other free users, this saturated my upload so bad that my internet became unusable, I dont know how bad it is today,

Offline dk14

• Noobie
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2017, 08:04:59 »
Ah I see. I'm not sure actually because I only use the desktop version - otherwise when using a free account on the mobile version you can't seem to play tracks or albums in order.

I have heard about reinstalling the app and altering the cache setting - the default setting is usually 10%.

snadge

« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2017, 11:54:13 »
Ah I see. I'm not sure actually because I only use the desktop version - otherwise when using a free account on the mobile version you can't seem to play tracks or albums in order.

I have heard about reinstalling the app and altering the cache setting - the default setting is usually 10%.

its the desktop version that im on about, thats how it works, if you have an SSD installed its been known to write 50GB per day on your SSD in the background, found that out with my Firefox/SSD write issues

Offline KRW

« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2017, 19:28:30 »

Spotify partly fixed the download problem in Novemberr 2016

Spotify has released a new client version that addresses the issue according to the update history. Updating the desktop client to version 1.0.42 should fix the amount of written data. Feedback from users suggest that the situation has improved but not been resolved completely
Windows 10 Home 64bit    Netgear D7000
Down/Up Connect Speed  80/20 Mbp (max speed 70Mb/19Mb) updated
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1483655240613837255

snadge

« Reply #7 on: 01 February 2017, 00:02:57 »

Spotify partly fixed the download problem in Novemberr 2016

Spotify has released a new client version that addresses the issue according to the update history. Updating the desktop client to version 1.0.42 should fix the amount of written data. Feedback from users suggest that the situation has improved but not been resolved completely

I dont use it as the free version uses your upload to stream to other users... not for me, not while they are plugging ads every 2-3 tracks