Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: welcome tartysmurf  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
welcome tartysmurf
« on: 18 August 2013, 22:13:37 »
Advertisement
 welcome:1 tartysmurf

snadge

Re: welcome tartysmurf
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2013, 22:17:05 »
JUST beat me to it lol

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2013, 08:39:43 »
I'm just tooooooooooooo quick

Offline tartysmurf

• web host
  • Noobie
    • uk pixel hosting
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2013, 08:40:41 »
Thanks guys so hows the menu mod snadge hope it helps u out

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 19 August 2013, 10:07:26 »
 welcome:1 Welcome tartysmurf ;)

WELCOME

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2013, 11:08:39 »
 welcome:1 welcome:1 welcome:1 welcome:1
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.

snadge

« Reply #6 on: 19 August 2013, 17:18:11 »
tartysmurf was someone from SMF who was testing out the forum to see what the errors were and said he/she didnt get any - they failed to read that it was errors in the log hehe which have been fixed!!

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2013, 22:37:40 »
tartysmurf was someone from SMF who was testing out the forum to see what the errors were and said he/she didnt get any - they failed to read that it was errors in the log hehe which have been fixed!!
What's SMF ?

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #8 on: 20 August 2013, 04:32:06 »
What's SMF ?

http://www.simplemachines.org/

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member

snadge

« Reply #10 on: 20 August 2013, 22:02:03 »
What's SMF ?

http://www.simplemachines.org/
Oh right  :)

SMF = Simple Machines Forums = its the free forum software used on this forum, its what this forum 'is' - as opposed to other popular forum softwares such as phpBB3 and vBulletin - when we moved from free forum hosting I did research and tested a couple of forums locally in my PC and SMF was by far the best FREE one... vBulletin is like HUNDREDS of pounds every year!! and its nothing special!

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 20 August 2013, 22:46:38 »
SMF = Simple Machines Forums = its the free forum software used on this forum, its what this forum 'is' - as opposed to other popular forum softwares such as phpBB3 and vBulletin - when we moved from free forum hosting I did research and tested a couple of forums locally in my PC and SMF was by far the best FREE one... vBulletin is like HUNDREDS of pounds every year!! and its nothing special!
Yeah like with OcUK which use that forum software (vBulletin) and it's quite bland by comparison with this forum !

snadge

« Reply #12 on: 21 August 2013, 00:06:58 »
Yeah like with OcUK which use that forum software (vBulletin) and it's quite bland by comparison with this forum !

it has everything you need, but i found it too be slow and have you seen the cost??? i dont know how anyone pays that or how they get away charging for it - phpBB3 is probably the most popular but it seemed like I could do less with it, SMF was the best for me, lots of addons, nice GUI etc (even though this on here is a theme) , it was easy to use - kitz also uses SMF and it was rated extremely well on review websites

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 21 August 2013, 09:02:09 »
it has everything you need, but i found it too be slow
When I used to visit OcUK regularly, I never found it to be slow even when there were a couple of thousand people online (guests included) !

It is bland though and OcUK haven't changed the forum colour in the 10 years I've been a member !

and have you seen the cost??? i dont know how anyone pays that or how they get away charging for it
OcUK have a high turnover and can easily afford it I expect  ;)

kitz also uses SMF and it was rated extremely well on review websites
I didn't know Kitz uses the same forum software as here.

I like the forum look on Kitz too.