Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TV Licence Dodgers' Excuses In Video Campaign  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Jay9

• Full-Time Member
TV Licence Dodgers' Excuses In Video Campaign
« on: 18 June 2013, 09:37:22 »
Advertisement

Officials have exposed some of the excuses people give for not having a television licence.

One thought he was exempt because his pet corgi was said to be related to one of the Queen's dogs.

Another household claimed they merely used the glow from the set as a lamp to help them read.

More than 400,000 people were caught last year watching TV without valid paperwork, which is more than 1,000 a day.

The annual levy - 145 for a colour licence and 49 for a black and white - is used to help fund the BBC's domestic television, radio and internet services.

TV Licensing has launched a drive to encourage more people to pay up and has teamed with a Bafta-winning animator to bring some of the excuses to life in a short-film, published on YouTube.

http://news.sky.com/story/1105038/tv-licence-dodgers-excuses-in-video-campaign

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: TV Licence Dodgers' Excuses In Video Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2013, 10:06:33 »
Dear oh dear some people are just ......................

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2013, 16:13:28 »

Officials have exposed some of the excuses people give for not having a television licence.
One thought he was exempt because his pet corgi was said to be related to one of the Queen's dogs.
Another household claimed they merely used the glow from the set as a lamp to help them read.
More than 400,000 people were caught last year watching TV without valid paperwork, which is more than 1,000 a day.
sounds reasonable enough to me , in fact reading a book by the light of tv screen sounds about the best use for a tv , >:D
BTW I haven't had a TV licence or a TV for 20+ years , but have endless fun with their TV licence enforcers , ( their official title ) so far 6 inspections , and enough letters to have wasted a mature oak tree ,

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2013, 22:54:19 »
sounds reasonable enough to me , in fact reading a book by the light of tv screen sounds about the best use for a tv , >:D
BTW I haven't had a TV licence or a TV for 20+ years , but have endless fun with their TV licence enforcers , ( their official title ) so far 6 inspections , and enough letters to have wasted a mature oak tree
Bloody hell I don't watch much TV but I couldn't do without one entirely !

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2013, 23:16:01 »
BTW I haven't had a TV licence or a TV for 20+ years , but have endless fun with their TV licence enforcers , ( their official title ) so far 6 inspections , and enough letters to have wasted a mature oak tree
Bloody hell I don't watch much TV but I couldn't do without one entirely !
be brave curly , you don't die without a TV , in fact statistically  you will live longer , or maybe it just feels longer  ::),

Offline CappySpectrum

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2013, 02:28:46 »
Dear oh dear some people are just ......................

Lots of love?  lol:1
Originally known as Quasimoto

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2013, 22:45:44 »
be brave curly , you don't die without a TV , in fact statistically  you will live longer , or maybe it just feels longer  ::),
I couldn't live without my TV entirely as I would miss documentaries on Discovery and Animal Planet too much not to mention the F1 coverage !