Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Panasonic GT50 Plasma TV.  (Read 6988 times)

snadge

Re: Panasonic GT50 Plasma TV.
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2013, 20:49:21 »
Advertisement
the only issue I have with people sharing what they believe are the best settings for a TV, is that everyones viewing environment is different and therefore settings that may work well on one TV may not be optimal on someone else's TV? - well thats my opinion anyway - every TV has to be calibrated to its environment

Offline Milo

« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2013, 21:26:22 »
the only issue I have with people sharing what they believe are the best settings for a TV, is that everyones viewing environment is different and therefore settings that may work well on one TV may not be optimal on someone else's TV? - well thats my opinion anyway - every TV has to be calibrated to its environment
It's basically running in the TV for a few weeks in THX Mode, not really calibrating with settings  ;)

snadge

« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2013, 21:39:13 »
It's basically running in the TV for a few weeks in THX Mode, not really calibrating with settings  ;)

what does that do exactly?  :-\

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2013, 21:42:31 »
i ran my tv in when i got it but i cant remember why  lol:1

arobertson676

« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2013, 22:11:18 »
what does that do exactly?  :-\

Essentially, when one buys a new TV, it needs a couple of weeks for the screen to 'break in'. Putting it in THX mode should result in the TV looking its best after this period as THX gives the best 'out of the box' settings.

Remember though, your TV may look different (in terms of picture) after two weeks or so, due to the aforementioned 'break in' period.

Offline Inactive

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2013, 00:17:20 »
I usually find that TV's are set up for effect " out of the box ", I don't like bright or vivid colours, I have set mine for natural skin tones, reduced the brightness and contrast.

I had my former Phillips 42" Plasma set like this, never had any screen burn. ;)