Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sagem F@ST 2504n finally Unlocked!!  (Read 51786 times)

snadge

Sagem F@ST 2504n finally Unlocked!!
« on: 11 December 2012, 01:14:04 »
Advertisement
Over on SkyUser mrmt32 has finally unlocked the 2504n -- yay!! thing is I give mine too my sister 2 days ago lol - getn it back on wednesday

Sky Router Tool Lite is built into the web interface :)

Sky Router Tool Lite can be accessed either from the link on the front page of the sky interface, or by visiting http://192.168.0.1:8324/srt.

The following features are available:

Connection Details
    Process List
    ADSL Statistics Graphs
    Ping
    Setting SNR Margin
    Running arbitary commands

cant wait too get mine back now...

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
Re: Sagem F@ST 2504n finally Unlocked!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2012, 06:24:39 »
There you go curly you can play with your router no need to find the netgear now

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2012, 10:11:08 »
There you go curly you can play with your router no need to find the netgear now
I found it afterwards but there were a few instances that I come unstuck as I didn't know what to enter in the router interface.

I'll try this instead, cheers.

Edit: the link doesn't work

snadge

« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2012, 18:30:01 »
you will be better off flashing your 2504N as its better all round

think am getn mine back tonight  :)

snadge

« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2012, 15:45:11 »
agghh!!!

my sisters kids are all sick with viral infection so I cant go around to get my 2504N back...  snow:5 (unless I want to risk catching summit lol)

I am dying to try this out - apparrantley its based on the newer ADSL driver version which gives increased speeds too - he has made TWO versions, one with new ADSL driver and one with OLD as someone had issues with new driver... so its faster out the box with NO tweaking!!

on good note, i was kicked off network again today (sky broadband) - I think its because im unable to spoof MAC address with my HG612 and periodic checks are kicking me off as they know Iam not using a sky router...could be wrong - anyway, when i cam back online I got a 17Mb sync rate with 7db - brilliant considering it was 16.2Mb - to - 16.4Mb - has my line just got a little bit faster? lol - wished I had that 2504N right now!

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2012, 15:50:30 »
Bummer about cant get router cant they leave it somewhere for you to pick up.Good about speeds though

snadge

« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2012, 16:08:10 »
no cos it would leave them without On Demand and Downstairs WiFi

- the upstairs WiFi is problematic - the whole thing needs changing, really she needs to move the phone socket to downstairs in hallway so router is central to house an in open space...but she wont do this because its a rented property...so, I have used her powerline adapters to put a router in the living room so she can get wifi downstairs AND On Demand at the sky box, I need to completely disable upstairs wifi and leave downstairs wifi on - the upstairs wifi (Talk Talk N class router) is in a cupboard on floor buried under bags of stuff..she has interference problems to start with and its got worse since i changed its channel from 1 (where all her neighbours are, and she still had some disconnection issues on) to channel 9 (its worse..apparently) and downstairs on channel 13 (or other way around I cant remember)

- ive told her to use downstairs wi-fi but when you tell them it doesnt seem to sink in lol, I told them before I left on sunday to use downstairs one if having problems with upstairs (too switch between them when going up or down) but didnt bother trying it lol...just contact me to say summits not right... i reckon they think I dont know what Iam doing and screwing things up lol - she has a massive 4 bed house with massive wireless interference, the BT socket is in a cupboard upstairs lol... the router is buried in that cupboard and they use wifi mostly in living room downstairs or in bedroom upstairs at back of the house, which has another room and hallway in between that and this cupboard...lol.

I dont know whats causing the interference or if its just cos her routers poor and she has it buried in a cupboard or combo of both..? she is surrounded by shops and I think its related...something somewhere has bad wiring/electrics and is emitting REIN , I think it could be her heating..she did say that its been dropping out during the day now and its December, she would have heating on - previously it seemed to be nights only..

thing that annoys me is ..all I can do is try different setups etc - when it starts dropping later I get messages saying "summits not right" and makes me feel like they think Iam clueless lol

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2012, 16:17:13 »
well it certainly aint gonna help if its under aload of stuff

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2012, 21:54:22 »
Here is a link http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/technical-discussion/44101-custom-sky-v2-8-firmware-sky-v3-sagem-f-st-2504-router.html

That link tells you how to do it
I'll have another read tomorrow, It's late and I'm feeling tired.

Thanks.

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #9 on: 12 December 2012, 21:58:36 »
No prob hope it works mate

snadge

« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2012, 22:18:01 »
well there are 2 versions.. so be sure to try both before giving up

also, mrmt32 has just realised that settings are not saving (reboots wipes any settings you entered into new advanced section) but he has fixed it and hopes to upload a fixed copy of both versions soon

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #11 on: 12 December 2012, 22:20:15 »
Thats the same with d link one you reboot you have to do it all again

snadge

« Reply #12 on: 12 December 2012, 22:23:36 »
aye - mine never drops anyway so no worrys about that

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 12 December 2012, 22:25:36 »
No prob hope it works mate
It didn't work :(

I successfully updated the router firmware (or well at least I think I did) but after waiting for aprox 2 minutes the box didn't come up where I had to enter my router details on the bottom of the casing ?

All that come up was this screen:

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2012, 22:31:33 »
well there are 2 versions.. so be sure to try both before giving up
I could only see one version of the updated firmware:

Sorry if I'm a bit thick  :P

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2012, 22:50:24 »
Hang on I dunno if I gave u the right link That was for the 2504

This link is for the 2504n
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/technical-discussion/51291-custom-firmware-sagemcom-2504n-based-sky-6-14-2a4n_uni.html

I think This might me the other one snadge is on about

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2012, 23:51:21 »
Hang on I dunno if I gave u the right link That was for the 2504

This link is for the 2504n
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/technical-discussion/51291-custom-firmware-sagemcom-2504n-based-sky-6-14-2a4n_uni.html

I think This might me the other one snadge is on about
Thanks. That worked  8)

I did get a bit confused at first as the link said to get the following details:

WIFI SSID, WIFI Key and MAC Address.

The MAC Address was no problem but I had to fathom out that the WIFI SSID was actually the Wireless Name and the WIFI Key was actually the Password !

The PIN wasn't used at least I didn't use it.

It's strange seeing a new interface !

I'm unsure whether I need to increase or decrease the Target SNR Margin from 100% if I were for example going to try and increase stability in the event of an unstable connection ?

I think I have to increase it for stability and decrease it if I wanted to push my line to the limit (I don't want to as I have a long line at 56 dB attenuation)

Also the attenuation graph doesn't really mean much to me  ???

Having said that, I'm pleased with the upgrade  ;D

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 12 December 2012, 23:56:32 »
I just discovered that the old link still works too !

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Thomasjc1

• STAFF - Administrator
  • Must be an Admin?
    • The Tech Forum
« Reply #18 on: 13 December 2012, 07:15:22 »

I'm unsure whether I need to increase or decrease the Target SNR Margin from 100% if I were for example going to try and increase stability in the event of an unstable connection ?

I think I have to increase it for stability and decrease it if I wanted to push my line to the limit (I don't want to as I have a long line at 56 dB attenuation)

That is correct

Offline CurlyWhirly

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: 13 December 2012, 07:34:00 »

That is correct
Thanks.

Studying the new router interface, I can see that I'm on ADSL2+ which is silly as my line isn't good enough to take advantage of the extra frequencies.

Pity I couldn't change it to standard ADSL mode.