Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What network does plusnet mobile use and are they good?  (Read 147 times)

Offline 1bit

• STAFF - Technical Expert
  • Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
hi guys im doing very well atm

i got this from Plusnet and fancy it as i just blew 5 on Three in 7 days (used to last me about 25 before i moved) so fancy a change - plus three reception is almost zero along here

https://www.plus.net/mobile/bestdeals?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_content=See%20the%20plans&utm_campaign=Mobile%20Cross-sell%20-%20New%20Customer%20-%20Jun%202018

it says 4G but ive only 3G iPhone 4S does it matter? - can i keep the same number?  is it worth 6 a month for unlimited everything but 2GB data or are their better offers?

I believe they use EE and my mothers Sony on EE couldnt get a reception from the sofa - I have to have my Three iphone near the window or use the wifi app

thanks guys

PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10
BT HomeHub 5B (Broadcom 63168) <---> ECI Dslam (Lantiq M41a)

Offline Den1

• STAFF - Tech Expert
  • Super-Hero Member
    • myallotment.net
Re: What network does plusnet mobile use and are they good?
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2018, 18:10:06 »
They do use EE, my eldest uses them never had any issues,  I believe you can port your number over to them   ;)

Offline thar

« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2018, 21:48:33 »
We've been with them for 3 years or so, without any issues. I've only had to contact customer service for upgrades, they are based in Chester and are a friendly bunch. They let you upgrade to better deals when they become available and, touch wood, so far, we haven't had a price increase. We have 3 Plusnet SIM only contacts.  Mine, 2Gb, 1000 minutes, unlimited texts, 6, Mr. Thar, 1.5Gb, 1000 minutes, 5000 texts, 6. My son, 6Gb, unlimited, unlimited, 10.

We have Plusnet broadband, think I'll see if me and the Mr can upgrade to the better 6 package, although the allowances we have are plenty as we're on WiFi most of the time.

Plusnet retentions are supposed to be reasonable if you can find a better deal with another provider. I haven't tested this for mobile contracts, but they do price match broadband.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2018, 09:57:26 »
i found a mistake with their deals so holding back on purchase until they tell me its unlimited everything except 2Gb data- going to offers from MY ACCOUNT is 1.5GB 500mins and unlimited texts for 6 so I dont want tp purchase it from the flyer link until they verify this on the forum...up to now they have not
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2018, 10:07:55 »
...reply...

"I am sorry to hear there is a bit of discrepancy between the email and our website! I'll feed this back today to see if this is something we can get rectified! The only deal on our site that is close to the 2GB in the email is a 2.5GB, Unlimited Mins and Unlimites SMS deal for 7.50 a month.

Having said this, I'm sure the 2GB plan will be available still, it just doesn't seem to be available for purchase through the website right now. For this reason, it may be worth giving our amazing Sales Team a call on 0800 0791133 - Option 2 and they will be able to discuss all the current tariffs available to our Broadband Customers exclusively Smiley -Liv"
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10

Offline thar

« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2018, 16:24:42 »
...reply...

"I am sorry to hear there is a bit of discrepancy between the email and our website! I'll feed this back today to see if this is something we can get rectified! The only deal on our site that is close to the 2GB in the email is a 2.5GB, Unlimited Mins and Unlimites SMS deal for 7.50 a month.

Having said this, I'm sure the 2GB plan will be available still, it just doesn't seem to be available for purchase through the website right now. For this reason, it may be worth giving our amazing Sales Team a call on 0800 0791133 - Option 2 and they will be able to discuss all the current tariffs available to our Broadband Customers exclusively Smiley -Liv"
Mmm..."If it seems to good to be true..."Post back if you contact sales and get them to honour the deal 1bit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk