Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I don't make suggestions normally  (Read 208 times)

Offline fudgietheoriginal

• Full-Time Member
I don't make suggestions normally
« on: 04 January 2018, 10:08:07 »
That's because then some other poor b*.*@#& has to the work. thankyou:1
But I would like to ask if we can keep the forum open, because I like posting about the weather and reading about it. I'm not so hot on politics or religion, but there's time and place for those thing's, like election year. I enjoy reading the news on here sometimes and posting in off topic or just saying hello.

Cheers Fudgie :)

Offline Roco

• STAFF - Global Moderator
  • Super-Hero Member
Re: I don't make suggestions normally
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2018, 22:09:37 »
That's because then some other poor b*.*@#& has to the work. thankyou:1
But I would like to ask if we can keep the forum open, because I like posting about the weather and reading about it. I'm not so hot on politics or religion, but there's time and place for those thing's, like election year. I enjoy reading the news on here sometimes and posting in off topic or just saying hello.

Cheers Fudgie :)
indeed  :whathesaid: , I used to make suggestions in my younger days  ;) , now fear arrest by the P.C police , Fudgie How is your weather ? , I have given up on the newspaper scare stories , ( weather bombs, hurricanes and 6 ft deep floods ), maybe living on the edge of a pine forrest in Surrey , so far  had night frost @  29C 3 times , 1 light dusting of snow , it was gone within 2 hours , and winds that gusted to 30 MPH  , but it sure has rained a lot ,but fortunately living on sandy soil at  200 ft above river level no flooding ,

Offline 1bit

• STAFF - Technical Expert
  • Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2018, 03:47:51 »
I was writing a reply earlier and got sidetracked  :o

yes we will be staying open for good, I was glad to see it back online thanks to Den1 and Roco (mistake by TSO after an update by them)

the reasons i took it offline before was because:

1) Cost vs Use - I felt like I was alone in the forum and posting news every day just for 1 or 2 visitors to read, and not many posting (if at all) felt like an empty shell

2) Adverts - to help with the cost of running etc they didn't work, started off good but you have to maintain that other wise the PPT goes down and some days before i took it offline it was as small as 1p per day

3) Personal Problems - I was going through a bad batch with some local youths putting out my window then a week later threatening me with a knife at my door - just walked in to my house at midnight on a Saturday night & I was very poorly when it happened - so I was in a very bad way

given all that I just thought "whats the point"

but hoping all goes well it should stay online :)
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10
BT HomeHub 5B (Broadcom 63168) <---> ECI Dslam (Lantiq M41a)

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2018, 15:03:32 »
3) Personal Problems - I was going through a bad batch with some local youths putting out my window then a week later threatening me with a knife at my door - just walked in to my house at midnight on a Saturday night & I was very poorly when it happened - so I was in a very bad way

given all that I just thought "whats the point"

but hoping all goes well it should stay online :)
[/quote]

That last one really blows.
Hope your feeling better.

As for the home invastion and assult, its happened to me, but I decked the first one on my doorstep he was an adult and there was only one lad, lucky for me.
Police let that go.
But the second time I got nicked, but no charges and it was dropped after the police had the time to investergate. It went on for a while and It didn't help when I responed with force.
What put a stop to it?
1 home CCTV kit installed, I am carp at cabling but the camera positions, angles are better than most.
I didn't make this decision lightly as I had to consider my privacy and others.
Truth be told it was a last resort
So I invited those that we concerned to see how the cameras would look the only ones who responed were the police. Nosey parkers
If you do decide to have CCTV, don't buy a pro kit unless installed by a pro.
Stick to the home kits, cameras don't need to be moved often unless they are positioned wrong/ mantaince.

What ever you decide to do, stay safe.

Edit @ Roco.
The weather, yes I'm starting a topic about it now. :)

Offline 1bit

• STAFF - Technical Expert
  • Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2018, 17:25:20 »
thanks Fudgie

yeah it was the local troublemaker who just turned 18 and just before that happened he got 6 months suspended for stabbing the pizza shop owner...????   Informant?? so I keep meaning to visit the shop owner to see if he will give me some info cos even a first time offender (which I know he has some previous) would get time for a stabbing...I would of thought so anyway

a friend of mine said he thinks his family paid him off...but if that was the case there would be no sentencing would there?

he has lots of family all drug dealers...one these that you cant do nothing but leave him be - so ive been told - now I carry a knife on me at all times...dangerous i know but I'm not going to let him stab me ...

what happened was it was around midnight on a Sat night in bed ill a week after my windows was put out..there was banging on the door and i thought "im not answering that" then someone walked in and shouted "HEW" and i jumped up, put my pants & top on went down (remember I was so ill i thought i was gunna die - shop owner said i was yellow, so was very ill) and there this 18yr old stepping back out of my entrance as I approach it (oh and he knew I was sick) making threats to kill saying i was telling people he put my window out when i didnt, I dont even know anybody (at the time) to talk to (know a couple of people looking out for me now).

he said "YOU WANNA SEE WHAT IM CAPABLE OF" (twice) and seemed edgy and getting ready to pounce and could see he had a knife pointing out of his jacket pocket....couldnt smell drink and didnt look drunk (a friend said he would of been off his head on his mams cocaine she sells) - then his mate shouted his name and said "someones coming" and as he walked off he shouted "AYE YOU WANNA MOVE OUT OF THE VILLAGE ASWELL OR I WILL SLICE YER FACE OFF" - straight away I knew who said it..my estate agent as when we dealt with the broken window i said he was a suspect until I found out who it was (a 14yr old) and im living in fear as other so looking to move out of the village things where on going such as fireworks through letter box etc -  she saidd "oh yeah i know who they are they all hang around together" just days after saying that to her that happened.

with all this and getting beat up on Xmas night and my mother getting beat up a week before (but defending her lover) has had me super depressed to the point I've started smoking baccy again after 15 years of being stopped...
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/10
BT HomeHub 5B (Broadcom 63168) <---> ECI Dslam (Lantiq M41a)

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2018, 19:17:35 »
Some people don't care, they just want to see the world burn! >:D