Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: added novice corner for those noobs :)  (Read 242 times)

Offline fudgietheoriginal

Re: added novice corner for those noobs :)
« Reply #20 on: 17 April 2017, 19:02:22 »
Advertisement
What happens is IF an Anti Virus is clever enough to detect the embedded activated license (in illegal copies) it removes it and your OS reports you have 3 days to activate , then it wont let you open stuff or something like that once logged in...

You also run the risk of embedded malware in illegal copies.

since windows 8/8.1/8.2/10  MS have been running something called TELEMETRY, it is this that causes the extended 'writing' too SSD/HDD - its recording everything you do and happening for diagnostics and better experiences in future (and sends it all to MS)... I have disabled as much as I can...spybot has a great free tool that stops most of it but best find a page about it first and doing all the manual stuff in settings then using that tool

Wow, thankyou:1
So gone are the days when you could just delete the chipset drivers and change out the Mobo and cpu?..Bummer. :(

Some how I don't think MS's first priority is only dodgy windows copy's.
MS is in a race and they want to get to the top of the hill first, before the switch is flicked.

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Re: added novice corner for those noobs :)
« Reply #21 on: 18 April 2017, 21:36:01 »
Think you are right Fudgie, gone are the "good old days " when you could borrow a mates original o/s , download a key gen ,( not that I ever did  ;) ) , but lots of folk did ,   I always played it honest hence Mr Gates made a few bob  , while I rode a bicycle to work in the rain  :(
BTW ,the  1bit link on telemetry  also apples to updated Win 7 ,  personally I have no reason to fear m/s 'logging my online activities , all boring stuff and if a human has to read it they would find it beat any pill for a good nights sleep  :blank: