Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ive factory reset my s5 and not backed up  (Read 101 times)

Offline cookiegrowle

• Noobie
ive factory reset my s5 and not backed up
« on: 05 August 2017, 00:41:09 »
Advertisement
i need to recover everything but mostly my messages as i have lost important information, can anyone help me?

Offline 1bit

• STAFF - Technical Expert
  • Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
Re: ive factory reset my s5 and not backed up
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2017, 11:30:55 »
hi and welcome to the forum :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 I Assume

unfortunately the only files remaining will be on your SD card, this is why I have camera, everything (pics, files, music) program to save on SD Card, never use the local storage for important files unless your backing everything up

you can get all your numbers and contacts back from google if you signed back in to the phone google account with the you used/made up when setting the phone up

unless you chose BACKUP & RESET then theres not much you can do other than run an un-delete type program, but it will be pointless because the sectors where the files you want where, have now been written over and therefore un-delete programs cant work

now if your messages are mostly messenger etc you can just reinstall and log back in and they will be there, but texts & files on the local storage.. you have lost forever, u might get some of them back using an undelete program

see when i file is deleted, its still really there, its just marked to as "free space to be written over" , so depends on which sectors your files where in and which sectors the reset has used (pretty much random)

take a look here
https://www.gihosoft.com/android-recovery/recover-data-after-factory-reset-android.html
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/2
BT HomeHub 5B (Broadcom 63168) <---> ECI Dslam (Lantiq M41a)