Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Roco's being reflective again  (Read 178 times)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
Roco's being reflective again
« on: 29 July 2017, 23:33:30 »
Advertisement
had a freeday today,  got into a reflective mind set  , thought about all the routes in life I could have taken , going to jail ?  I fortunately missed, indeed “if you can’t do the time don’t commit the crime” has been a steadying influence  lol
but got me thinking what would I have liked to have achieved and where ,
having worked from time to time in parts of Europe, on return I was often disillusioned with England , too much bloody rain etc , got to admit I am a sort of outdoor guy by nature , hence no TV , France maybe  ?  but my time in Paris did my head in , well the Parisians did , first day there I got into push & shove fight , apparently queue jumping is the norm ?  unfortunately the 5ft 3 Parisian  picked on this 6ft 2 in ,Brit  ex rugby player , lol  , a pistol waving gendarme sorted it out ,
So maybe France is not for me,  although still love their cars , even looking at going electric  with the E-Mehari having owned the original Mehari 30 years back ,
Both in the youtube vid , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRIlJlNHYU
 do fancy sitting in the sun with a latte, just people watching on the beach at San Tropez , with a nubile jnr Bridgette Bardot adjusting the sun shade,
if it happens , very unlikely without a lottery win ,  but no harm in dreaming  8-)

so what’s your perfect world with money no object , or are you content with yours as it is ,  I truly envy people with that contentment  , think I am getting to old to be the lone wolf , might even settle down ,  (shudder ) ,  lol:1

Offline 1bit

• STAFF - Technical Expert
  • Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
Re: Roco's being reflective again
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2017, 11:29:42 »
i would buy new house , car, clothes, set up a few businesses...all after a 4 week holiday thinking about it hehe

donate to charity and science
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/2
BT HomeHub 5B (Broadcom 63168) <---> ECI Dslam (Lantiq M41a)

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2017, 02:08:24 »
i would buy new house , car, clothes, set up a few businesses...all after a 4 week holiday thinking about it hehe

donate to charity and science
all,sounds good to me 1bit, could certainly use new clothes , and a holiday would be the first in 20 years for  me , have been told  the punk look is now outdated / , holidays ? , for me Google earth  with street view , sort of makes visiting pointless , at lest that way i don't have to respond to  the street beggars  , is there a international controlling union for street beggers ?,   certainly seems to be controlled in Paris  the scruffy guy with his dog ? begging for money , later in a side street on my  "Exotic" holiday that  I had to work 8-6x 5 for , while my well fed family dog snoozed his afternoon away on the settee , and not  a worry about computers & win 95  and the boss getting angry,

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2017, 14:55:28 »
begging is illegal in this country i know that
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/2

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2017, 23:05:23 »
begging is illegal in this country i know that
does that included big issue  sellers ?, in my nearest town we have one wearing a  Hijab that makes me  feel  guilty  not buying a copy ,  i don't shop there anymore that wailing "hello Sir", as if i was ever a Sir ! make think move over gal , i am state  OAP ,
to add not a racist  , I have  hindu , sikh ,muslim, Polish, Jamaican  friends , all good good folk I am proud to know,
indeed for  me they enrich the UK  as long as they don't buy the house next door , >:D
 after all we are all immigrants to this shared island we call the uk ,

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2017, 03:41:52 »
more roco's reflective thoughts

Is there a time to forget the past ?, in my view  it’s right to reflect and remember past wars , indeed WW1 now 100 years ago , it was seen as a war to end all wars, certainly wishful  thinking !, but now Germany is our European ally , and so is Japan , we certainly love buying their produce ,  I makes me think when should the victors  forgive individuals  that were on the loosing side, having forgiven  the countries involved ,  indeed worked for a German company in the late 70’s ,the director  had been 17 year old night fighter pilot during the last 3 months of WW2 , only because  he like me had a glider pilots licence , after only1 months training  he was flying a Me 109 night fighter over Berlin trying to stop  the total destruction of his homeland , in truth had I had been his age , I would probably have been doing the same over London ,   always noticed the military go for young guys in their recruitment drives above age and experience ,
should a  96 year old guy then in his early 20 ‘s , now face’s going to jail probably to end his life there ?, as he said at his trial when he was sentenced, Groening said: ‘No one should have taken part in Auschwitz. ‘I know that. I sincerely regret not having lived up to this realisation earlier and more consistently. I am very sorry.’
http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/02/bookkeeper-of-auschwitz-oskar-groening-96-declared-fit-for-prison-6823640/

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2017, 17:41:40 »
ever thought of writing a book reflecting on your past?

i think you would not only be good at it but bet you have lots to share
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/2

Offline Roco

• Super-Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2017, 00:37:07 »
ever thought of writing a book reflecting on your past?

i think you would not only be good at it but bet you have lots to share
well , being a poor back street kid , life has taken a curious route so far , indeed had some amazing jobs , only because I had taken a chance , indeed always  had the " grass is greener " syndrome , never made a fortune , and it was hard on family trying to keep up ,  like Hubby  suddenly announces I got a new job , we are off to Germany /France/ Holland etc next month , the outcome  to  that  relationship  is now obvious to me , but thankfully we have remained  friends , even after our 23 years trial separation ,  :o ,
not sure on the book about my past , still hopefully got a future to explore  first  ,  ;D
indeed " just around the corner " is my Motto ,

Offline 1bit

• Must be an Admin?
    • Tech Forum
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2017, 14:28:02 »
im sure it would be a good read, and if not give you something extra to fill your time :)
PlusNet VDSL Fibre 40/2