Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newspaper headlines that make me smile  (Read 378 times)

Offline Roco

• STAFF - Global Moderator
  • Super-Hero Member
Newspaper headlines that make me smile
« on: 30 January 2018, 20:21:27 »
Newspaper headlines that make me smile
ďKate Middleton swaps bobble hat for green Catherine Walker dress for royal lunchĒ ,     = seems a sensible idea to me , hot food and naked isnít a good idea

Excruciating moment animal psychic is exposed and admits he canít actually talk to dead pets.Ē
 =  I can but never get a reply

Why IS Kim Kardashian getting naked so much? Body language expert on her true feelings   
= obvious reason £££, the lady has bills to pay

Amazing £35k house measuring just 90 square foot crams fold-out kitchen, shower and bed in one tiny room
= sounds great @ £35k, but no mention of the land cost  @ about £200k in this area ,

Figure maybe I an getting old and cynical . I donít purchase newspapers any more, sort of wonder has anyone seen a morning paper delivery Boy recently, Or even a milkman ? , although the scrap iron guy has been resurrected around here,

Offline fudgietheoriginal

• Full-Time Member
Re: Newspaper headlines that make me smile
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2018, 13:15:11 »
sort of wonder has anyone seen a morning paper delivery Boy recently, Or even a milkman ? , although the scrap iron guy has been resurrected around here,

We have a chippy van here and a millkman and the icecream man but no paper boy. :angel: :) :D ;D

Offline Roco

• STAFF - Global Moderator
  • Super-Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2018, 15:12:42 »
sort of wonder has anyone seen a morning paper delivery Boy recently, Or even a milkman ? , although the scrap iron guy has been resurrected around here,

We have a chippy van here and a millkman and the icecream man but no paper boy. :angel: :) :D ;D
odd we get a Saturday . R,M. postman  + our main post Office is open for business on Sunday,
so are all the major retailers , never saw that as a kid ,

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2018, 21:04:38 »
@ Roco
I think I know why, not many people on our road read the news paper, even 10 years ago.

Retired people walk up to the end of the road here and get the paper or what ever, gets you out of the house....I have quick chat with couple of the older lads, from time to time.
But the post office isn't open on a Sunday here :(

• Full-Time Member
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2018, 00:36:41 »
@ Roco.
When I was kid in OZ the post office was attached to the local shop, used to open up for couple of hours especially if you lived out in the sticks/countryside and you could pick up or post parcels and get small things delt with on Sunday Arvo/afternoon, while the shop was open. But that's as close to me ever seeing a post office open on a Sunday.